Weekend talk

So we are going into the weekend. We have had a nice quiet week. We went to the pool with some friends yesterday. Ate lunch at their snack bar and helped Miller jump off the side of the pool forty billion times. It was all good though. So our plans for today? Grocery shopping and some errands. Madison isn't a big fan of days like this. But they have to be done. So tonight we are going to spend some time with friends. Tomorrow we hope the sun will be out so we can go back to the pool and just rest and enjoy each other. Sunday is church and back to the pool. But if we get some much needed rain then who knows what we will do.
I have been in and out of the garden all week picking so many veggies. And we got a new coffee pot that grinds your own beans...yum yum! I got some coffee beans yesterday afternoon and they are so good this morning. Esp with my Caramel Creamer. The kids are watching Spongebob Square Pants as I type. I should go get in the shower and get going.
Dinner's this weekend are going to be....tonight..eating out....tomorrow night.....pork chops on the grill with fried okra from my garden..and grilled squash from my garden and fresh sliced tomatoes....yes from my garden...dessert is going to be strawberry shortcake.....yum yum!
Sunday....I think I will do Scramble Burgers and fries.....something easy.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Summer is 1/2 over and I cannot believe this. So enjoy those long summer nights....they will be gone before we know it.

Comments

Christina said…
We have been going to the pool every day too. It gives the kids something to do that is fun. They have Vacation Bible School next week and then school by July 28 so our summer is almost over.

You really are enjoying your garden. I can't wait to try my hand at this. Its sounds like you have had great success.

Glad to hear Miller enjoyed jumping in the pool so many times. I love to watch the little one's do this, they joy on their faces and the giggling speaks volumes.
Sandra said…
Sounds like you're having fun Jen :)

That strawberry shortcake is making me hungry.

Hugs,
Sandra
Lesa said…
We had 2 inches of rain Wednesday night - so it is still muddy here. I think the corn grew a foot overnight! Have a great weekend and enjoy your goodies from your garden!
Summer... it's fleeting, isn't it! Eve starts school the 18th of August! That's like right around the corner... ugh!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend filled with lots of family time :) Enjoy that bountiful garden!

-Andrea
We have a garden,too! Aren't fresh veggies the best???

;-)
Hope you're having a terrific weekend, Jen! Lots of good stuff on the docket, food and pool and fun stuff. If you were here, I know you'd be at the pool - hot and very humid and no hint of rain in sight. Just like July :)

Isn't it fun to grind your own beans? We have a separate grinder, but do beans every morning. I normally buy a big bag at Sam's, but we've also been trying some of the beans in the bulk bins at our new Fresh Market. All of them have been so good :)

I have to ask - what are Scramble burgers?! :) All of your food descriptions always make me drool on my monitor...

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and a great week next week :)