Mondays

For Today

Outside my Window..................it's hazy this morning and humid. The sun is trying to peak out amongst the hot air. All my blinds are still closed.

I'am thinking........of going for a morning walk with Miller

I'am thankful for........my friends..we had a girlfriend retreat this past weekend and we re connected..something all women need to do. It was nice. It only lasted 24 hours but we enjoyed each others company over...Lasagna, laying at the pool, driving Kawasaki Mules over a 100 acres and watching the sunset over the Ohio River, several bottles of wine, mojitos, taboo and Steel Magnolias...what could be better?

From the kitchen.....Scrambled Eggs and Sausage...with Cinnamon toast

I'am creating......invitations for Madison's Back to School Swimming Party Friday night.

I'am wearing.....Light blue pajama pants and a light blue tank top..bare foot and hair in a bun.

I'am reading......Cookbooks

I'am hoping.......for a good turn out tonight to my Pampered Chef Party.

I'am hearing......Miller sing.

Around the house......I'm cleaning floors and baseboards...I'm having a Pampered Chef party at my house tonight and need the place to be clean.

One of my Favorite Things.... A greek salad with feta cheese and a glass of wine....while sitting on the beach watching the sun set.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week.......a birthday lunch with a friend, a night at the park to see the movie Goonies, registration for 6th grade, Madison's back to school party she is throwing for her friends, a day at the pool with friends....dinner with friends....and some walking..hopefully some naps thrown in there too.

I dont have picture again.....but yet another summer thought...our schools start back in less than 10 days...I told Madison we need to enjoy every single minute. And that is what we are doing. Enjoy your children. Remember what it was like on your summer vacations....do something spontaneous and fun with them.
For more daybooks...go see Peggy at the simple woman....thank you Peggy for hosting this every Monday. I enjoy it so much!

Comments

Kimberly said…
Okay girl, Amen to all of this! Hope your Pampered Chef party is wonderful! I just had one, don't you love their stuff?

If you find any good recipes in those cookbooks, send them my way, I need some inspiration for this weeks menu:)
The Bookworm said…
I love reading cookbooks too.
Marye said…
Praying your PC party is a huge success!
marye
http://www.simplyhomeremedies.com/simple-womans-daybook/
Sandra said…
I LOVE cookbooks :) Good luck with the Pampered Chef party!
Renee said…
Wonderful post!! Have fun this week!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
Nicole said…
Love your blog and daybook. the blue is great! I too love reading cookbooks, especially Nigella Lawsons, gah she can be so funny.
So glad you had fun on your girls retreat! And I hope your PC party goes well. I'm sure it all looks clean and you will have a great time :)

Have a wonderful week and enjoy the last days before the head back to school. School starts here late next week!
Sweet Woodruff said…
I love Pampered Chef. I need a new ice cream scoop. I've missed your blog as I haven't been around much this July. I hope all is well. I enjoyed your Day Book. Blessings to you this week.
Christina said…
Wow that's one heck of a day. I love Pampered Chef. I haven't been to a party in awhile, but own a ton of their stuff. The nice thing is they always have a lot of new stuff.

That is really neat that you are having a back to school party for Madison. I never thought about this. Great idea.

PS I tagged you for a short meme if you have the time
Christina said…
Wow that's one heck of a day. I love Pampered Chef. I haven't been to a party in awhile, but own a ton of their stuff. The nice thing is they always have a lot of new stuff.

That is really neat that you are having a back to school party for Madison. I never thought about this. Great idea.

PS I tagged you for a short meme if you have the time
smileymamaT said…
that was a nice peek into your Monday. I agree, good advice. Your school starts back in 10 days?!? Our summer vacation for school goes to Sept 5 or so. Wow.
Hope your PC party went well!
I started back walking a bit, building back up but going early in the morning when it's slightly cooler. Other than that, it's WAY too hot here!
Karen said…
Ihope your PC party was a big success! I love their stuff! Good for you, getting in some girlfriend time. Wish I could've been there:)