Some things going on around here

We woke up this morning to alot of rain. I'm so glad it is finally raining. We haven't had much rain this summer and it has been hard. The humidity here has felt like 105 and it has been unbearable even to go to the pool at times. Maybe this will cool things down for a day or two...or maybe not.
Today we are taking a friend to lunch for her birthday and running last minute errands for Madison's party for tomorrow night. She is pretty excited. Back to School Registration is tonight. She seems to be ready though. Middle School is so tough on kids now a days. It scares me. School starts in 6 days....can you beleive this? Summer is almost over for her. She has done alot this summer though, camp, the Nashville Zoo, a fantatstic water park in Santa Claus Indiana, she has helped with the little ones at church, we have gone thrift shopping, gone to the movies, pool pool pool and golfing and and and and ....I think her summer has been pretty good.
I have to finalize some of the consignment clothes so I can get them down to the store Saturday morning. Guess I need to run...have a great Thursday everyone!

Comments

Trailboss said…
Be careful driving in this rain. It was pouring when I came into work this morning.

When I lived in Texas my son didn't start school until after labor day. I don't think the kids have a long enough summer anymore. It's not like it was when I was young. Oh well, most things aren't.
I think school starts here in another week, which seems way too soon...where did the summer go! Glad your pc party went well.
No rain here for us but we need it!
Wow! 6 days!! School here starts the 13th - the 18th for Eve's private school.

It sounds like Madison's summer was fantastic! You are such a wonderful Mama, Jen.

We haven't had a lot of rain here either. Although it has picked up a little lately. I feel so badly for the farmers!

Have fun at lunch!!!

-Andrea
Karen said…
We could use some rain, too. The temps have been in the high 90s, but because it's so dry here, it doesn't feel nearly as bad as it sounds. Two more weeks and school starts for us!
Christy said…
I am hoping for rain today!!

I LOVED Middle School! Hopefully your daughter will have a good experience too! I know how scary school is, I am worrying about KINDERGARTEN LOL

We live three hours south of nashville and are always going-I love the zoo! Clay has family there :)
Sandy said…
Wo, school starts so early? Aug 25 here. Just checking in to say hi, Jen :)