Wednesday, December 27, 2006
1. Scott and I celebrated 12 wonderful years in 2006. We have come along way. I wouldn't change anything.
2. This was our first year adjusting to me not having a paycheck...and have to say we really didn't miss it. I was surprised....the Lord provides.
3. I started blogging..which has been a great stress reliever and a wonderful way to meet such great people out there.....I'm truly blessed to have met each of you.
4. We made a decision that we needed a bigger house. So we are putting ours up for sale in a couple of weeks.
5.I had alot more girls nights out this year...my girlfriends are really great ladies....I'am so lucky to have found them all.
6. Scott, Madison and I have adjusted well to having a new baby in the house...Miller came into our lives on 11/29 last year and boy has this been an interesting year.
7. I do genealogy on the side and mom and I took a trip to Waverly, Tn and found some things that we have searched for years....and this was very exciting because it has opened so many doors for us.
8. We didn't take any vacations this year just due to the fact we were adjusting ourselves without my paycheck...we took a small trip to Nashville and to Waverly. This year we have two vacations we are going to take. One will be to Florida...and the second one will either be Chicago...or St Louis..we have been debating this......but not taking a vacation this year has helped all of us grow and realize you can do fun things here at home together as a family.
9. Madison took a big step this year and decided to quit dance after 7 years of taking it. She wanted to put more focus on cheer leading so we started gymnastics. It was such a smart move...she loves it and it saved us $25 a month plus $200-$300 in recital fees and costumes,
and that will be put to good use.
10. My grandfather died this year April 20th.....after a long battle of Alzheimer's he passed away in his sleep. This was the hardest thing I encountered this year..you could say I'm still not over this. I miss him Daily and think of him all the time. It has made me appreciate my life more.
11.I took on a huge responsibility at church for MOPS...hospitality leader and look forward to a great year with these ladies. I cant wait to get started with it.
12. Madison was saved on October 1st and baptized...it's a wonderful feeling to know you did your part to lead your child to Christ, she loves Church and is disappointed right now that all activities are on hold until after the first of the year. She is actively in GA's on Wednesday nights, Bible Drills and Team Kid on Sunday night and the children's choir....plus her own Sunday School . A great problem to have if you ask me.
13. Scott and I have grown closer this year...had a few fights but learned from them. We have a great life and we give thanks to God everyday for it.
I hope you all have a prosperous New Year...eat alot of Black Eyed Peas for luck and something green for the money.....I look forward to reading about all of your daily lives and enjoying your great friendship.
Monday, December 25, 2006
So I left them just a short while ago...my back still out....and come home to see someone parked in my driveway and couldn't get around them...yes it's still raining HARD. SO I park at my neighbors and trot across the wet flooded yard with a blanket on Miller tennis shoes sinking into the ground to get to my front door. (the person in my driveway was just one of my other neighbor's family members) I come inside.......ringing wet......tired.....and back out even more from tugging Miller around.....Scott is past out with a high fever in bed. I give him ginger ale.....bathe Miller.....look at my destroyed house from the Christmas hustle and bustle.....and sit down to blog. My TV says we are to get some snow tonight...on Christmas....that would be nice..since I don't think my husband will be going to work tomorrow. All in all our Christmas was nice....it always is. I just hate it Scott missed it. I hate it that he missed the kids.....their faces and excitement. Miller is sleeping soundly...Madison is at mom's with my sister. And I'm in my pj's......with milk and coconut cake.....my new fuzzy house shoes....watching Deal or no Deal Christmas edition. It couldn't be any better.
Merry Christmas dear friends.....
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Christmas Eve is very special to us. Scott purposed to me on Christmas Eve 13 years ago. We have always had our ups and downs as every couple does.....but this day we give thanks that we have each other....we have our children...we have our family and most importantly we have our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Our kids are so excited about the gifts under the tree, waiting for Santa to come tonight, making reindeer food and getting those cookies out for Santa. We go to my mom's tonight for an appetizer party and gift opening. Tomorrow morning we have breakfast at Scott's mom's and then off to my mom's for a late lunch with my brother home from Texas and my sister home from Peru...she is a missionary with her husband...on a 4 year tour. This is our schedule and this afternoon I'm gong to come visit you all....I have slacked with the surgery and holiday and all.....and then I have to get out to the mall and get my Latte and laugh at people.
Merry Christmas my dear friends......I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year....from the bottom of my heart....I.truly appreciate you all. You are all a great support group/friend.........
And as he flew out of sight....Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...........
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Thank you so much for your prayers.....you guys mean the world to us....I'm so happy and so pleased to have found all of you....I look so forward to a great new year talking to you all and solving all the worlds problems....Ha Ha......
I'm not posting alot today.......I want to post a nice one tomorrow for you all........Have a great day everyone......
Thursday, December 21, 2006
13 Things I love about Christmas!!!!!!
1. My Christmas Tree....I love to turn it on first thing in the morning. I love looking at it while I read the paper.
2. Shopping...I love to shop for other people....it's a great feeling buying for others.
3. Cooking...it feels great having people over to eat...and cooking certain special meals just for them. I meal plan for these things a month in advance.
4. My children's faces on Christmas Day....the presents in the living room are everywhere...they just are so overwhelmed with excitement..this year lil Miller will get to have this wonderful feeling of being a child.
5. Programs at church are always great...it brings people a little closer and listening to the Christmas story is like a breath of fresh air.
6. Christmas parties are so fun...seeing people you haven't seen in awhile and getting a chance to hear how they are doing....eating great food and dancing....we love to do this.
7. Driving around looking at Christmas lights....this is tradition in our family.
8. I enjoy wrapping presents in front of the Christmas Tree while drinking Hot Chocolate this is something I love to do while listening to Christmas music
9. Of course it wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't go to the mall on Christmas Eve and watch all the crazy people while drinking my Starbucks capp....now would it?
10. Sending Christmas cards is a huge favorite for me.....I send around 70...yes I'm nuts. And yes the post office hates me. I wait until 12/19 to mail them.
11. I love walking into my mom's house on Christmas Eve....the house always smells so good.
12. Coffee always tastes and smells better on Christmas morning and Scott and I always have special creamer just for Christmas.
13. And of course it's Jesus Christ's birthday...and this I'm eternally grateful for.......
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas....I will post on Miller tomorrow afternoon. His surgery is 6am...eastern time....thank you all for your prayers and great friendship...I'm thankful and blessed for you all....
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Today we are staying home.....I need to finish some last minute wrapping and baking. Prepare the last touches for this perfect Christmas.
It's raining here this morning...wish it were snow. Tomorrow we are taking the kids to see Santa.....and run last minute errands. Friday is the BIG day for Miller. I cant wait...we are up all night 4-5 times sometimes...I'm really tired. I'm ready for him to feel better. He is teething really bad right now...He just aches. I use Tylenol and Teething Tablets...but he still hurts....he is chewing on everything.
Madison's party yesterday went really well. They all had a great time.
Today we are baking different things.....brownies, some breads, muffins, candy......I always send a plate of goodies with Scott to work right before Christmas.....
I hope everyone is well with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays....slow down and remember the real reason.....
Have a great day everyone!
Friday, December 15, 2006
So.....yesterday was Thursday and I went to the grocery store.....it was crazy. People everywhere...I thought I was going to get run over by a couple of 70 year old women..who were very serious about the last Folgers Coffee on sale. I just stood back and let them have it...coffee is important to me but not that important. Later that afternoon I attempted Sam's Club....which wasn't any better. Rude people everywhere....I just love looking at these people and saying..."Merry Christmas"..they just look at me and go the other way. I feel better though. I'm going to the mall today..think about me.
Miller got another haircut this week. This time we did a buzz cut. He has his dad's triple crown...and no that doesn't mean he won a horse race.......his hair stands up like a rooster...so we did the deed...whacked it all off. He looks like a little GI. So cute.
Madison is going to a Gingerbread House Making Party on Saturday...some little girls are making the houses and decorating them...cute idea....I may do this next year.
Scott and I are going to a Formal Christmas party Saturday night...when I mean formal I mean formal...my girlfriend Jess calls it the Grown Up Prom.....high heels, suits, rhinestones,,,,,,the works....a couple of drinks and whooooooo it's 1992 again.....Jess is laughing right now.
At the home place...Miller's surgery has been re scheduled for the 22nd please keep us in your prayers this day.....as I'm sure I will be insane or crying.....alot.
I only have 2 presents left to buy.......thank God.
Sunday ...my parents are coming for dinner...I'm cooking Grilled Italian Chicken, red potatoes seasoned, green bean bundles, homemade bread, with honey butter, shrimp cocktail for appetizers, and dessert........coconut cake...3 layers...my dad's favorite. Then we are going to church that night for the family sing a long.......
Madison and I are making more candy tonight......like we need anymore .
I have a friend Karla who had a brain tumor removed today.....she is doing fine. Please pray for her and her family. This was very sudden.
With it being Christmas and all I want you all to reflect on what matters in your lives. Remember how very lucky we are. Appreciate your loved ones.....tell them you love them. Smile and be happy for what we have. When it comes down to it...we are all so very blessed.
I wish you all a fantastic weekend....be safe......and I'll see you on Monday.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
1. I love to watch it snow......
2. I enjoy laying on the couch watching movies with Scott
3. I enjoy cooking for people
4. I love to go eat lunch with friends
5. I'm allergic to curry.....I swell like a blow fish
6. I love to watch Deal or no Deal....and Scott has tried out to be on the show....no he didn't make the cut.
7. I love to hang out at home on Friday nights and watch TV with the family..
8. I ran track in high school...and won the county track meet 1st place in 1989 in the 100 meter....
9. I have always wanted to Christmas shop in New York City and next year my mom is taking me and Madison.
10. I love to open presents
11. I love my down comforter...and down pillows
12. And my heated mattress pad
13. I love to watch American Idol, Survivor, The Apprentice, The Amazing Race, all reality shows
Well, hope you enjoyed it......I'm off to the grocery store.....Happy Thursday!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Just sits them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes
5. When do you put your decorations up? We have always done it the Saturday after Thanksgiving..but since Miller's birthday is 11/29...we have decided to do it the first weekend of December now...my mom always separated Christmas and my birthday...12/8...so she still wont put her tree up until after my birthday....and now I understand why.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham...smoked...love it
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. The year I got my ten speed bike. I was so excited......It had snowed about 6 inches outside and I took the bike outside and tried to ride it down the driveway...no such luck..but I loved that bike.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 4th grade..(yes this is what grade Madison is in)....some kids told me at school then I found some gifts in mom's closet and it devastated me.....she still wont tell me the truth..if you asked her Is there a Santa Claus? She would just say...you have to believe that is all we have.....Madison still believes.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes at mom's...she has an appetizer party and we get to open out gifts from them....Madison loves this part the most...we always watch A Christmas Story and dad reads the The Christmas Story from Luke.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights. And pink ornaments with gold, crystal and snowflakes....it's one of the themed trees from Macy's.
11. Snow! Do you like it or Dread it? I love snow...love it....love to drink hot chocolate and watch it fall.
12. Can you ice skate? No...but love to try
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My ten speed bike or Strawberry Shortcake House with dolls.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Divinity & Fudge..in this order...and ma maw's Carmel pie
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve afternoon around 1pm...we go to the mall and grab a Starbucks Coffee and sit in the middle of the mall and watch all the crazy people running around grabbing last minute things...so much fun..you would be surprised all the people you know and see.......And when my dad reads the Christmas story to the grand kids by the Christmas Tree....something about his voice reading gets me every year..its like I'm 9 again.
16. What tops your tree? Poinsettias and fancy gold stuff from Hobby Lobby...my mom put it together for me.
17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? I so love giving...I love to bake and take everyone I know something...everyone....even the mailman.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Santa Baby...
19. Candy Canes yuck or yum? They are okay...I prefer the soft peppermint
20. Fruitcake? I was always told you give these to people you don't like...I have never received one...thank God.
Just thought I would let you all know.....Miller's surgery has been re scheduled for 12/22......due to still being sick. God is on our side...we will make it through...He slept from 7pm last night until 7am this morning...I got some much needed sleep.....
Happy day everyone.
Once you've posted your own, leave a comment here and I'll link to you
Friday, December 08, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
It’s Christmas! The season for giving for loving, for celebrating. All around us are joyous reminders of this happy season. Twinkling Christmas lights.
All around us are stressful reminders too. Irritated shoppers and crowded malls. Honking horns and traffic jams. Frantic meal preparations and credit card debt. Sometimes we get so caught up in the seasonal madness we forget why we even celebrate Christmas at all.
Savor all memories……Old and New.
Focus on love and laughter that make Christmas so special. If we pause for a moment in our hectic holiday schedules, we will realize God has brought people into our lives for a reason. And that my friend is among the best blessings of all.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year……………
Scott, Jenny, Madison and Miller Green
This is the letter that is in our Christmas card this year....I thought I would share it with you all. I wrote this 3 years ago......I hope you all remember to enjoy the real meaning of Christmas.....
Happy Holidays my friends....
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Miller is doing better...although he didn't sleep very well last night. He is however coughing that crud up. And his nose is running like a faucet. He wont take his medicine...he is gagging it up and vomiting...any suggestions anyone? He is doing better on the breathing treatments...they end tomorrow morning. My mom is helping me out alot..what would we do without our moms?
I'm supposed to go to Nashville with friends this weekend Christmas shopping. 5 couples actually. This has been planned for about 9 months...so say a prayer Miller gets well fast..which he is on the road to recovery no more fever....yahoo.....and that we can still head out Saturday. Miller and Madison are supposed to stay with my mom....moms are great!
I'm making Salmon Patties tonight....turnip greens....and mac & cheese. Maybe we might make Christmas Cookies today depending on how Miller is feeling. I need a new cookie cutter.....
Well, this is short today.....hope you all are well.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Saturday night Miller had a croupy cough...so we did the steam in the bathroom thing 4 times....Sunday morning...we called the doctors office and they sent us to the Emergency room. Where we remained for 7 hours. Miller had croup, and a small spot on his lower lobe of his lung that looked like pre-pneumonia. They started a strong anti biotic and steroid by injection and did X Rays....then started breathing treatments. Which they did 2. Then called a medical supply store and they came out and set one up in Miller's room...we give breathing treatments every 4 hours.....we have the anti biotic and steroid here also. He does seem to feel better...its a waiting game. He is on the breathing treatments for 48 hours along with the steroid...the anti biotic is 10 days....Say a prayer he heals fast. I'm home bound for 3 days no leaving. I'll come visit you all throughout the day.
For now....I may take a nap.
Friday, December 01, 2006
My week has been really crazy. You all should know by now..Miller goes for tubes in 2 weeks. It's okay I have accepted it. I just want him to feel better. He has slept all night for 2 weeks. This is good.
The weather here this morning is crazy. The winds are 28 MPH....very loud and very windy. It sounds awfully scary out there. We did dodge a LARGE snowstorm that has hit St.Louis with alot of snow and blizzard like conditions......reminding you we are 3 hours from there. So we are lucky. We would love to have some snow but not blizzard conditions.
I have alot going on this weekend. Madison has a Spa Day with her friends on Saturday.....kind of cool she gets her hair, make up , nails, etc done its a 4 hour thing and she loves getting things like this done. Scott and I and Miller are going to the mall Christmas shopping while she is doing this. Saturday night is our Sunday School Christmas party. Sunday is church, Christmas photos of the kids and the Christmas Advent walk downtown......which we do every year. It's a jam packed weekend...I know. Today we go to the doctor so Miller can get his 1 year check up. He has to get 5 shots....I know crazy......and tonight we have been invited by friends to go eat dinner at their house...so Miller is going with us....Madison is going to church. I need to go to the grocery in the midst of this crazy weather today too. We'll see.
Next week is jam packed too....did I say Christmas...December?????? My Christmas Cards are ready to go....just need the kids pictures...which are being made Sunday.
I made candy last night....peanut brittle, tiger bark, fudge, and chocolate covered peanuts. I love making candy. Madison helped out some.
I'm drinking my coffee and looking at my tree listening to Christmas music...what a great morning! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
I remember how anxious she was to see and hold you. We told her we were pregnant with you in Disney World.....she couldn't believe it. And the moment we found out you were a boy she was right there....she will always be there for you.
This photo was taken before we left the hospital. You were so sweet and precious. I loved to watch you sleep. I loved the way you smelled. You were our precious angel from God. I was in labor with you from 6am until 3:52 pm. My water broke at 11am. I slept through the most part of it....I pushed only twice.....and your daddy cried. It was such a happy time for us.
Madison was right outside the door and heard you cry for the first time...she held you first.....and boy was she proud!
You were 8 pounds 9 ounces and 22 inches long.
This was your first Christmas....our Christmas Card actually. You were only 3 weeks old here and I was too scared to take you out yet. We did Christmas pj's and Santa hats..something simple. You were 4 weeks old at Christmas last year and so little. That was a Christmas we will never forget. Our new edition.
Here you are on dad's shoulder and your 8 weeks old. You were bright eyed this day. You have the prettiest eyes. And your dad's look. You are such a handsome little man. I remember holding you and looking at you thinking...I never want this moment to end. I enjoyed loving on you and staring at you.
Here you are 6 months old...we had been at Fazoli's for lunch and there was a little girl sitting at the table beside us. You flirted with her the entire 30 minutes we were there. You also had your first bread stick....and loved it.
You were always flirty with women.
Look at your smile.
This picture was when you were 7 months old...and of course you have a ball in your hands. You love balls of all sizes. And if daddy has anything to do with it you will play Basketball for Kentucky......this is papaw's favorite picture of you......Our little Wildcat........
This is your first haircut..you did really well.
You have had 2 haircuts since. You just sat in my lap like a little man and didnt say a word. You are 8 months old here.
This is the same day as your haircut...but this is an after shot...I just love the photo.
This is you at the Pumpkin Patch. You had a really good day. You picked out a pumpkin and we painted it.
It all began one year ago today. You came into my life and I have loved every minute of it. They said I would never carry another baby...they were wrong. I have loved you since the moment I knew I was pregnant. And I will love you forever.
Yesterday was picture day for Miller...and well, he is such a serious child. Out of 30 shots...he smiled maybe twice....yes....twice. It was 2 hours of smile baby...me jumping around the room like an idiot...and making crazy faces...just for him to look at me and not smile. That's okay.....he is still my sweet bundle of JOY! Tomorrow is his birthday...the BIG ONE!!!! I have a cake ordered and balloons ordered. Presents are wrapped. I still cant believe its been a year since we went in to have him. Crazy how your life goes so fast. I'll sit in the floor and play with him and think I need to be treasuring this...and I do....then he is one. Next I will be saying he is two. Madison is 9 and I cant even figure out where those years went.
Christmas is only 27 days away ladies......have you got your shopping done? Mine is almost done. Made your menu's yet?
I hope you all have a great Tuesday......
Monday, November 27, 2006
Well, we had a great Thanksgiving. Ate way too much. We were at mom's Thursday and Scott's mom's on Friday....and yes I got up on Black Friday with my mom and went shopping...what a rush! We had a good time.....the lines were like the lines at Disney World...a little ridiculous...but oh well...that is just part of it. It was great bonding time with my mom.
Miller turns one this Wednesday! I cant believe he is already one. My little sweetie. It just doesn't seem possible. I have been getting things together for his party.We are doing a rubber duckie party. It should be so sweet. We are going to get his 1 year birthday pictures made today. We go to the Ear Nose & Throat doctor on on his birthday to see if he need to have tubes...please say a prayer. And he gets his shots (5 of them) on Friday. I don't look forward to this day.
I have alot going on this week...as I'm a week off schedule....the Christmas hustle and bustle gets me all worked up and nervous. We have something everyday this week....my Christmas Tree is up....and all my decorations. This is a stress off my shoulders. I start making candy this week.....I love doing this. It gets me in the mood for the holidays....I have been listening to Christmas music all week.
Well, my coffee is running out.....by the way its got Peppermint in it...yummy. My day is about to begin and I need to go wake up Madison. I hope you all have a great week......a great day....and I look forward to talking with you all again....I'll come visit a little later.
Meal Planning Monday
Monday........Pork Chops, Leftover Dressing, Green Peas with Carrots, Homemade Rolls
Tuesday........Crock Pot Chicken......Fruit Salad
Wednesday......Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Soup...Miller's Birthday!!!!
Thursday.......Taco Salad.....leftover Birthday Cake
Friday...........Going to a friends house for Chili..taking a dessert
Saturday.......Our Sunday School's Christmas Party..Heavy Appetizers
Sunday...........Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Applesauce......
For more Meal Planning Monday go on over a see my dear friend Laura @ Organizing Junkie.....
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Let's see...what has happened this week? Well, Miller had to go back to the doctor and yes they are sending us to a specialist....an Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor...TUBES.......Yes.......TUBES...you heard me right. Yes, I know at Christmas. Our appointment is December 4th...keep us in your prayers...Madison was never sick....never has had any surgery done before so this is very new to us and very scary. I know it's a simple procedure...may I remind you this is my baby? My lil sweetie......
Anyway....Scott is on vacation today and all next week..so I may not blog much......here and there. It will be family time. I love it when he is off work. He helps me tremendously. He is going to work on the house some...getting it prepared for selling. Oh guess what? We already have had someone ask to walk through it before we put a for sale sign in the yard. Yes...can you believe this? God is really good. We really couldn't believe it. We don't want to sell until after the holidays are all over.
MOPS is going to be very busy yet fun. Our registration is December 7th so keep us in mind and prayer that it goes smoothly. I know the Lord will take care of us. We do have alot of Steering Team Meetings and of course our once a month meeting...which may turn into twice a month. It's really exciting. I'm looking so forward to it.
This weekend.....I'm going shopping with girlfriends and out to lunch....going to do a little Christmas shopping...my Christmas Club came in. Yeah! I have my lists and am looking forward to it. I love spending time with my girlfriends...I have an amazing group of gals. Friday night Madison gets to be introduced at the Varsity Basketball Game......as a cheerleader....very exciting for her. And Sunday...its my turn to take breakfast to class...and I'm taking mini cinnamon rolls compliments of Sam's Club. I'll grab a gallon of OJ too. Sunday afternoon Scott's mom is taking us Christmas shopping...Scott needs a new suit. And that night we have a Thanksgiving program at church with Madison. I told ya from here on out we are going, going, gone...every weekend we have plans.
So I have gone over mom's Thanksgiving menu and have my orders on what to make. I have my grocery list ready and will do this today. Scott is going with me so he can see how hard it is to go to so many places with Miller.......
I have so enjoyed sitting with you all today....girl talk is a necessity in my book. Come back and see me soon...I hope you all have a great weekend....
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
He's the one I wake up to every morning.
He's the one that makes me coffee every morning.
He's the one that gets my newspaper every morning...and hands me my favorite part.
He's the one that kisses my forehead before leaving for work every morning.
He's the one that calls to check on me every morning on his 15 minute break.
He's the one that calls and checks on me at lunch everyday.
He's the one that works overtime everyday to give me the extras I want.
He's the one that drives the "older" vehicle so I can drive the new one.
He's the one that cleans the kitchen every night so I can give the baby a bath and not have to do both.
He's the one that helps fold the laundry every night.
He's the one that helps out with homework.
He's the one that walks the dog for me.
He's the one that gets up with Miller on Saturday mornings so I can sleep late.
He's the one that hates to touch feet..but rubbed mine both times I was pregnant.
He's the one that picks me up my favorite milkshake for no reason what so ever.
He's the one that holds me when I cry.
He's the one that listens and gives great advice whether I want it or not.
He's the one that lets me watch my soaps late at night instead of his football.
He's the one that prays for me every night.
He's the one that loves me everyday no matter what.
He's the one that I look up to and cherish.
He's the one that still says I'm beautiful every day.
He's the one that winks at me still.
He's the one that still makes my heart flutter when he walks into a room.
He's the one that makes me laugh.
He's the one that I kiss goodnight.
He's the one that shares his fries with me.
He's the one that watches chic flicks with me...and never complains.
He's the one that makes me a glass of wine at night to unwind.
He's the one that never judges me.
He's the one that holds my hand still.
He is my lover, my best friend, my cheerleader, my fighter, my children's father, my hero, my prince charming......he is Scott....my husband...Happy Birthday baby. I love you.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Yes......it's official...we have an ear infection...not just an ear infection...a double ear infection.....and yes he talked tubes. I sat and cried. We are not going to see a specialitst just yet....the doctor said we would wait and see if he gets 2 more before he is 15 months old....HELLO.....we are going into the winter months!!!!!! It's going to happen. I'm okay....I choose not talk about it. He has a runny nose too. Madison had all of 3 ear infections her whole life. SO this is so new with Miller sick all the time.
He is sleeping right now and this is good he needs his rest.
One good thing is....drum roll please.......he has slept all night for 3 nights......yes break out the balloons...lets have a party...I have had 3 nights of undisturbed sleep......I hear the angels singing....
My MOPS meeting went really well. I love these women...did you hear me? I love them. They are so great, understanding....the meeting was a little long....did I mention 8 hours..but I wouldn't want to be with any other people but them besides my family.....this Mops thing is going to be great.....
I don't have a Menu Plan this week....Scott's birthday is this week....so we are going out 2 nights for dinner and then Church one night...so I will fudge around the rest of the week...but please go visit my dear friend Laura and check out her menu...and her 30 day Challenge....
I hope you all are well today......Chrissa I hope you don't have strep......
Happy Monday my friends.....
Friday, November 10, 2006
I have finally finalized my Christmas Meals and my cards....I'm waiting to get my Christmas stamps....and I have the kids pictures made next week. Everywhere I go there is Christmas stuff out...I love it. I made Barb's Breakfast Burritos this week...and let me tell you they are great. Really you have got to make these.
I wanted to thank all of you who stopped by and visited me on my 100th post..it was alot of fun doing it. Can't wait for my 200th.
Next week will be very busy for me as we approach the holidays....Madison has a field trip I'm going on with her....I have a MOPS meeting.....it's grocery week, and somewhere in there I need to do laundry. A mother's work is never done.
It's warm here this morning which is odd for November...I'm still weaning and its not been that hard....I take away the morning feeding Monday...wish me luck.....Hopefully we will be completely done by Thanksgiving...I will miss it but know this is just another milestone in lil Miller's life. He is already drinking whole milk in a sippy cup. He's a big boy.
Today...well I need to go to Sam's and buy diapers....I need to buy some things for the Progressive Dinner...I'm making Spinach Artichoke Dip....yummy...and maybe will be at the Dr.....depending on how Miller feels. Madison has a thing at church tonight so Scott, myself and Miller will stay home and hopefully catch up on some shows.
I hope you all have a great weekend....I'm coming to visit you all.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
100 Things About Me....Are you ready?
1. My real name is Jennifer
2. Everyone calls me Jenny
3. The only people who call me Jen are Scott, my mom, and my aunt
4. I'm 31..but will be 32 December 8th
5. I read the obituaries every morning out of habit
6. I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning with different creamers
7. My son is named after my mom's maiden name...Miller
8. My best friend from 6th grade..Francine....still keeps in touch with me
9. I went to Prom 4 times
10. I was voted Class Friendliest my senior year
11. I ran track for 3 years....I quit when I tore my knee up
12. My dad walked out of my life when I was 3
13. He came back when I was 25
14. I keep him at a distance
15. I adore my step dad
16. My grandpa died this past April....I'm still not over it
17. I miss him alot
18. I have a hard time letting people get close to me
19. I hate it when people pop up at my house without calling
20. I love the song Amazing Grace
21. I'm obsessed with reality TV
22. I sold insurance for 10 years
23. I sell Mary Kay part time now
24. When I was in the 4th grade I had the most sponsors for the 4-H Skate-A-Thon...I won a Black and White 13 inch TV
25. I still own the TV.....
26. My mom and I are best friends
27. My doctor told me I would never have Miller
28. When I got pregnant he told me I would have a miscarriage
29. The day after Miller was born...he told me Miller was a miracle baby....he wasn't supposed to happen
30. I had a lump taken out of my breast while I was 31 weeks pregnant with Miller...it was not cancer
31. Scott purposed to me on Christmas Eve...1993
32. We were married 2 months later
33.I love Carmel Milkshakes
34. I love red wine and cheese
35. I love sunsets and the ocean.....in this order
36. I wear a size 9 in shoes
37. I have a passion for hot wings and beer
38. My dear friend Cindy who lives in Florida should have been my sister...we are so close..she knows EVERYTHING about me
39. My favorite movie of all time is Steel Magnolias...I still cry over Sally Fields performance at the cemetery
40. My favorite actress is Julia Roberts
41. Madison and I took dance from the same dance teacher...she has taught for 30 years
42. My mom's mom died before I was born...she was 45 years old when she passed away
43. I wished I could have met her
44. I get my nails done every 2 weeks
45. I love the smell of apples cooking
46. Scott and I never fight....not sure why..but we don't
47. I love Sonics Strawberry Limeade
48. I love Kentucky Basketball
49. I love my Tivo
50. I watch The Young & the Restless and Days of our lives everyday
51. I love writing notes to people
52. I love shopping for shoes and purses
53. I make lists everyday
54. One of my favorite stores is Vanity
55. I LOVE STARBUCKS!!!!!
56. My middle name is Renee'
57. I love wearing jeans
58. I enjoy getting pedicures
59. I cant go without my flat iron
60. I have been married for 12 years...13 in February
61. I love a good margaritas
62. I love to throw parties
63. I like to read about haunted houses
64. I watch the travel channel alot
65. I would like to be a travel agent and own my own agency one day
66. I belong to a Women's club
67. I volunteer at Madison's school
68. I love to go dancing
69. I have never played Bunko
70. I'm very outgoing and will talk to anyone
71. I love fireworks
72. I got married when I was 19
73. I do better on schedules
74. I hate to do laundry
75. I enjoy decorating my house for Christmas...and listening to Christmas music
76. I love my church
77. I have alot of friends
78. I'm a very private person
79. I sleep with a heated mattress pad on
80. I eat Chinese food with chopsticks
81. I watch the Kentucky Derby every year...faithfully
82. I bet on the horses
83. My favorite colors are Black & Turquoise
84. I send out Birthday cards to people
85. My hair has 3 different colors in it
86. My eyes are so dark brown they look black
87. I was voted prettiest eyes my 10th grade year for the school paper
88. I have para sailed and loved it
89. I have bungee jumped and hated it
90. I have a belly piercing
91. My favorite flower is a star gazer lily
92. I love to do genealogy and have gotten back to 1801 on my family tree
93. I wear alot black...so much people have called me Johnny Cash
94. I'm a size 6
95. I keep my ringers off on my phones
96. We have a dachshund named Lucky...he is 12 years old
97. I can eat my weight in strawberries
98. We have a swimming pool
99. I love my neighbors
100. I'm proud to be a Christian
Have a great day....I enjoyed doing this.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Our Family tradition has been the same for 13 years.......On Christmas Eve....I make brunch and Scott and I have my parents over...we watch some TV and just enjoy the morning.....that evening we go to mama's house and have HEAVY appetizers and a couple of drinks.....and open presents while we listen to Christmas music.....On Christmas Madison has always had us up at the crack o dawn....this is a child who we have drag out of bed for school but on this morning she is up by 5am....so we stumble to the coffee pot and have our Santa Christmas......it will be loads of fun this year with lil Miller. We always have to be at Scott's mom's house for Christmas morning Breakfast by 10am.....and stay there until 1pm....then we go to my mom's again at 2pm......and stay there until around 6pm.....we eat a BIG Christmas Dinner watching movies and napping. When do we cook you ask????? We always cook on the 23rd and the rest on Christmas......cakes and pies get made on the 23rd.....my family is pretty traditional....we enjoy being together most of all. I always go to the mall on Christmas Eve around 2 in the afternoon grab me a coffee from Starbucks and watch the crazy people running around looking for that last minute gift....quite humorous......try it sometime. Scott joins me.....we really enjoy this.....now I start making candy on December 1st...you heard me....and make something sweet every week until New Years....candy, cakes, pies, all of it. I have so much fun giving homemade gifts...I have already gotten my tins, jars, fabric for jars, and plates.....
For more Christmas Traditions go on over ad see my dear friend Sandra.....she makes you feel at home....
Now for Meal Plan Monday......
Monday................Chicken Tetrazzini, salad, and Homemade Bread
Tuesday........Pinto Beans in the crock pot, cornbread
Thursday........Laura's Hearty Hash brown Bake, fruit (she posted it last week)
Saturday.....Progressive Dinner with Sunday School
Sunday........Eating out....Olive Garden with girlfriends
For more Meal Plan Monday go on over to my sweet friend Laura.......
You all come back to see me tomorrow...it's my 100th post.......I'm so excited....Happy Monday!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Good Morning....come on in and grab some coffee, creamer, or tea or coke...or whatever you want. Lets talk.......
I thought I would do Friday's as Girl Talk....I kinda like this. So here goes...in my life today is Walmart...yes the dreaded Wally World. I have to gt my nails done today and lunch with a girlfriend.....this always nice. I have so many girlfriends I'm so thankful for. Have I told you all that I have decided to be on the Leadership Team for MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)...I'm very excited about this. This will help me find some great stay at home mom's going through the same thing I'm going through. Our meetings are going to be once a month and I'm so thrilled about this. I'm the Hospitality Leader.....and cant wait to start planning things. It's going to be great for mom's out there going through the same things and will be able to talk about it. I look so forward to doing this and cant wait to share it with you all.
This weekend will be kind of laid back. Scott has to work Saturday so I'm taking the kids shopping.....yep.....we are going to the mall on a SATURDAY!!!!! I know what am I thinking...well, this is the only way I can get Madison there to try things on so I must pull out all forces and go. It will be okay. We are staying home Saturday night and renting some movies and dining in. I thought I would make Sandra's Baked Ravioli.......it looks so good. I have a crazy busy week ahead of me. I think I have something to do everyday and night. But that is okay I know the holidays are approaching so the running will get worse. I have almost FINALIZED Christmas cards......I have almost FINALIZED menus...and I have FINALIZED Christmas lists. My December calender looks crazy.....but I love it this way. What kind of things do you have going on in the next couple of weeks?
Miller is walking everywhere and getting into everything...we have gates up everywhere.....he will be one in 4 weeks...I cant even figure out where the last 11 months has gone to. Last year at this time...I was very very pregnant and counting the days to birth...now I'm planning his first birthday party....which will be very quiet and private...
Madison is doing great.....that girl goes more than Scott and I do together....
Scott has a birthday coming up too......
And...guess what??????? My friend Chrissa just did her 100th post yesterday..so go read about her....mine is this week.......I'll have to start on it soon.
I hope you all have a great weekend.....I'll post pictures of the kids this weekend so come back and visit......
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
13 of my Favorite Restaurants
1. Charlie Gitto's......St. Louis, Mo........Scott and I absolutely love this little place in downtown St. Louis.....it has great Italian food and is great to go hang out after a St Louis Cardinal game...Go Cards....for winning the World Series....
2. Hungary Howie's.....Panama City Beach, Fl......this is a take out place but have killer Steak & Cheese Subs....Scott and I could probably kill each other for one or eat our weight in them.
3. Olive Garden.......this is a given I love all their food...and esc their Raspberry Cappuccino's
4. Chili's.....we love this place...everything about it.... we really like their appetizers
5. Demo's in Nashville, Tn...we have been known to get in the car and drive JUST to eat their for the evening.....we are only 2 hours from there..they have great steaks at a great price
6. Ruby Tuesdays.....we love their Salad Bar
7. Schooners in Panama City Beach........right on the beach the best crab, shrimp and oysters in town....and we always watch the sunset while we finish eating. Then do a little dancing on their dance floor...and walk home on the beach.
8. Bob's Drive In.... A Local favorite.....no dining inside you eat in the car..its still a real car hop place....they are known for their fiesta burgers and wonderful milkshakes
9. Outback....We love everything here...great steaks and great Apple Martinis
10. Wingos in Panama City Beach.......best wings in the south....we used to eat there every Friday night with a pitcher of Beer.......cheap and good
11. I Hop.......I have always loved this place...we just now got one....so this is very exciting....I can eat pancakes everyday....
12. Patti's 1800 Settlement.......this is located in Grand Rivers Ky...a Ky lake favorite..they are known for their wonderful Pork Chops....we always eat here during the holidays...they decorate it so beautiful
13. Starbucks.....I couldn't resist.....if you know me well....this is one of my FAVORITE places to go...I love their coffee's...I love their muffins.....I love their Brownies....I love it all....after Miller was born Scott showed up in the hospital with a Grande Raspberry Cappuccino with extra cream and a lemon Poppy seed muffin....My Favorite........
I was at the Liquor Store the other day buying a gift for a friend.....there was a cute guy behind the register.... after selecting the gift I wanted...I walked to the register to pay. He is talking to me and giving me the total when I grab my check book and in search for a pen.......
1. Bottle of Ameretto...$14.00
2. Bottle of Sweet N Sour $4.99
Pulling out a tampon instead of a pen in front of the cute guy at the register.....PRICELESS...
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Happy Monday everyone.....what a great weekend we had....our costume party was a hit.....I felt like white trash...but had a blast at the party...I laughed and laughed....we have such great friends. One day this week I will post about pictures....our party, Madison's baptism, any other thing I have spoke about but never posted a picture......tomorrow is Madison's Halloween party at school and I will be there. I have to finish off the goodie bags today. We have a PTO meeting tonight......first one of the year.....we are looking forward to tomorrow night though...our church has a trunk or treat.....where the kids trick or treat there....we usually go to a few houses nearby and head to church for all kinds of great food, fellowship, and fun...Madison loves it. This is Miller's first Halloween....he is going to be a lion.....Madison will be a Dead Bride....yes I know YUCK.
Well, I need to get ready for Meal Plan Monday......
Monday.......Spaghetti & Meatballs, Texas Toast, Salad
Tuesday...Happy Halloween.......Frito Chili Pie.....Devils Food Cake
Thursday.......Chicken Sir Frye, Fruit
Friday...........Tuna Casserole, Salad
Saturday.......Grilled Chicken & Pasta.with ...Artichokes in white wine sauce..served over pasta
Sunday.........Salmon, Turnip greens, Mac & Cheese, Applesauce
For more Meal Plan Monday go check out my friend Laura at Organize Junkie.....Happy Monday!
This past weekend....I started addressing my Christmas cards and signed then ALL. One step closer to getting it all done before December 1st so we can enjoy the holidays this year. Please..if you stop by here email me your mailing address so I can mail you a Christmas card this year...I thought of all of you while doing them.......email@example.com..........I would love to send you that special piece of Christmas from me and my family.
This week...will be busy, Halloween, PTO meeting, Grocery Week, Nails & Pedicure, Sunday School work, etc......
I hope you all have a great Monday.
Friday, October 27, 2006
Good Friday Morning everyone! Grab a cup of coffee...I have several creamers in the fridge.....Coconut, Pumpkin Spice, French Vanilla....and the newest Peppermint Mocha.......so fix your coffee up I just made the kids Cinnamon Toast and I can make you a piece if you'd like....so lets talk........
Let's see...what's going on at my place?
Well, Madison has a field trip today to the Technology Center......and it's raining.....that ought to be fun...and messy all wrapped into one. Her Halloween Party is Tuesday and I'm a Room Mom...so I have been picking up last minute things for the Gig.....speaking of Halloween.....we finally decided on our costume for tomorrow night......Drum Roll please............
Yep......you guessed it......Scott is going to be Earl Hickey and well, I'm going as Joy......his ex-wife...we love this show....we laugh so hard when we watch it........you should see the costumes I have put together.........hilarious.....I cant wait to post pictures on it....I know we will have a blast.
If you haven't seen this show....it comes on Thursday nights at 7pm......too funny.
I have been to all the Goodwill's here and Salvation Army's.......its been fun getting the costumes together.....
Lets see...other things happening at my house.......still getting my Christmas lists together and menu's......I love doing this......it makes me feel organized and ready for December...........
This will be a big year for little Miller.....this will be his 2nd Christmas but boy wont it be a memorable one????? He will be into everything.....I hope he doesn't tear my tree down. Madison never bothered the tree much.......we gave her some cloth ornaments to play with and she played with those...we kept them in a basket by the tree so she would have them on hand. We have already started shopping for both of them......Madison of course about 7 CD's.....and Miller a riding toy.......I have been to the Gap and Limited Too for Madison and gotten her some things......and she wants these shoes called Heeley's??????? They have a roller skate in the heal....so I have found them and they are $80.......Holy Cow......She also has asked for some DVD's and I have gotten them....wanted to get some things early in case they run out....you never know. Miller...is getting a table and chair set.......and a red wagon. We already have some little things....and of course Stocking Stuffers.......I always wait and get these at Target.....they always have the best things here.
Its raining here today....but that is okay...Scott is renting Monster House and The Lake House for movies this weekend....looking forward to seeing them.......tonight we are hanging at home....we have gone so much in the past couple of days and we are ordering in........hooray...no cooking for me. My neck is still hurting....not much has changed...I know where I got it from....rocking Miller in his glider........the way I sit. OUCH!!!!!
DID ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON WEANING??????????? I START NURSING 2 DAYS A WEEK NOVEMBER 1ST.......I WANT TO BE DONE BY THANKSGIVING.......ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED....
Well, I hope you all have a blessed weekend.......I'll check in with you later.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
It's Thursday 13........and I can never think of what to write about.....SO...I'm going to write about 13 things about ME.........OF COURSE.....
1. I was 19 when I got married to Scott....we only dated 6 months and got a wedding together in 1 month...I though my mom would go crazy
2. I love Carmel Milkshakes...I have loved these since highschool
3. I love sweet tea.......yes...lots of sugar
4. My favorite TV show is Lost.....no brainer
5. I really enjoy The Young & the Restless.....I love Nick & Phyllis together Love them....
6. I want one more baby....yes just one more baby in about 3 years
7. I was Homecoming Queen in 1991...Football
8. I worked in a Toy Store for 4 years in highschool.....K B Toys in the mall
9. I love Hooters Hot Wings...I know the women show too much but I'm a sucker for their hot wings.....
10. I'am on the Leadership Team for MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers)..we just started it...and I'm looking forward to meeting some great women
11. I love sending Christmas Cards...this is a passion of mine at Christmas
12. I love girl nights out.......anytime with friends is great
13. I enjoy watching TV with Scott when the kids go to bed...even if its the 10 o'clock news
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I have been making my Christmas lists.......lists of gifts to buy people, lists of food to make people, lists of people to send Christmas cards too, you get the picture.....even my meals I prepare that month for different friends and family.
One other thing......please pray for my family this week......my step dad's brother passed away yesterday.......he had cancer and was in a lot of pain...he is a Christian and better off now......but we need his family to heal from the loss. I know you all will pray for us all.
Miller is cutting another tooth so we were up quite a bit last night.....and since "I'M STILL NURSING.........I'm completely worn out.....we have 3 weeks until I start weaning him....its been 8 years since I weaned a child...so any advice out there would be greatly appreciated....this little man right now likes to nurse about 4-5 times a day still.
This is short and not a whole to say.........I'll post later if something happens......
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Today I'm going to write about Madison's Baptism.....I as a mother was a nervous wreck....I forgot to pack her a towel...I forgot to pack her clean panties. I just crack under pressure. She was so excited about it though. While sitting in the room talking to the preacher....he said Madison you will be #4.....(there were 7 getting baptized that night)...she leaned over and said..I'm just glad I get to go. We got up there to get the robes on and I could barely get her snapped in. I was so nervous...she just looked at me and said...get a helper in here to help me...Ha Ha..that's Madison taking control of her destiny. So I kissed her and said I love you baby...I'm proud of you and I walked off. When I got downstairs.....so many of my friends and family were there....to share with Scott and I a perfect evening for Madison. We had 3 rows saved and filled. Everyone was there for one reason and one reason alone....Madison was taking the biggest step of her life....a walk with Christ. Well she did it......I have pictures...but will have to post this weekend.....my camera is acting up. When it was all over...I went upstairs to help her get changed and she smiled really big and said I did it......me and Jesus will be together for eternity.....I smiled and said yes baby you will be........after that she went in full gear looking for an outlet to blow dry her hair.......she is still a drama queen...but that is what makes her Madison....my Madison.....
Monday, October 23, 2006
Monday........Creamy Chicken Casserole..Mandarin Orange Salad with Poppyseed Dressing, Homemade Bread
Tuesday.......Veggie Stew...Hot Cornbread...Chocolate Pudding
Wednesday..Leftovers or Church Supper
Thursday......Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Cooked Apples
Friday...........Madison's choice......Frozen Fish Sticks or Frozen Pizza
Saturday.......Going to a Halloween Party..will eat there
Hope you enjoyed......
My friend Gibee @ Kisses of Sunshine is having a Homemade with Love today....I always love homemade ideas...so here goes..
2 pounds of White Chocolate...or Almond Bark
6 cups of Rice Chex Mix
3 cups of Cheerios
2 cups thin pretzels...salted
2 cups cashews
1 package....of M&M's
Melt White Chocolate....add all other ingredients.......lay out on wax paper...break when hard...
Now I put this in Christmas Tins......Glass jars with Christmas Fabric on top......Christmas Tupperware......even Christmas baggie tied with red or green ribbon......everyone loves this stuff...I always give some to my mailman in a clear baggie.....with bright red ribbon...attached I put the recipe in case his wife may want to make some for him...its good for him to snack on throughout the day....
Another thing I love to make is different types of fudge.....stack each color in a tin separating it with wax paper....you can never go wrong with fudge....put it in a tin....all my tins, baskets, glass jars etc are purchased at the Dollar Tree.......
I love to bake cakes......and I love to find out what a friends favorite cake is.....bake it and put it on a beautiful Christmas plate or glass cake plate......let her keep the plate.
Also....beverages are fun.....for non alcholohic drinkers.....hot cocoa mix in a mug....with candy canes attached and instructions......even a small gift certificate to Star Bucks attached.....or for the drinkers.......a clear short glass.....with a little bottle of whisky inside the the glass.....attach a coke to it and they have a whisky & coke.........something different.
And this one is for the kids........every year we take oats and glitter and mix it up in a bowl.....put it different baggies....and tie a red and green bow to it. This is reindeer food....you let the kids sprinkle it on the yard...on Christmas Eve.......oats for the reindeer to eat while Santa is busy...and glitter to find your house...this is a huge hit with kids..........and cheap.....
I sell Mary Kay so I give alot of these gifts out.......and I guess I'm all out of ideas.....if I come up with anymore I'll post them closer to Christmas.
My mom makes Chex mix...and enough of it to last all December.....the Chex Mix web page has all the recipes.....go here......our family favorite is the Tex Mex.....we play games and snack...and watch movies and snack....its also nice as gifts in tins.
Hope you all enjoyed I look forward to reading everyones ideas.....
I'm off to clean the house.....
Madison was baptized last night...I'll post on it tomorrow...
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Crock pot Enchiladas
2 cans of chicken
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 can sliced black olives
1 package of flour tortillas
Mix together cream of chicken, can chicken, and rotel tomatoes
Spray Crockpot with Pam......layer one tortilla...put some of the mixture on it...sprinkle with cheese.....repeat layers.....when at the top...sprinkle with the rest of cheese and sprinkle olives....Cook on high 4 hours...or low 6 hours.....very good and easy
Enjoy! For more crockpot recipes go on over and see Sandra @ Diary of a stay at home mom...
Thirteen things I have learned about marriage with Scott
1. He is never, ever, ever, ever.....going to replace the trash bag after taking the trash out..EVER!!!!!
2. You never go to sleep not talking to one another....
3. Go on a date at least once a month with out kids or friends or family....stay out for at least 3 hours and just talk...or make out..which ever
4. A bottle of wine, an ocean and sunset..will solve any problems your having at that moment.
5. Marriage is a two way street..listen with both ears open and let both of you talk
6. Sex & Money will kill a marriage....keep peace with both
7. Laughing with each other will make you feel like newlyweds again
8. Praying together as husband and wife is well.....AMAZING...try it sometime.
9. Don't ever let your children come between you...stand your ground don't take sides...and agree with each other at least in front of the children....you can dis agree later
10. Watching together your baby coming into this world for the first time is the most beautiful thing you will ever experience as parents.
11. When the Ky Wildcats, the St Louis Cardinals, or Lost is on no one can talk...I mean No one!
12. I've learned not to argue with Scott while traveling in a car.....for when I fall asleep he will jerk the wheel as if we are going to wreck..just to see me pee on myself from fear
13.I learned in the 13 years together with Scott that we have grown, we have laughed, and we have loved....and we wouldn't have it any other way....
Happy Thursday my friends....