Just chatting


We had a fantastic day at MOPS yesterday......Spa Day. It was great. I urge any mom's of pre schoolers to look your local MOPS group up and JOIN! We had mini massages done and Satin Hands by Mary Kay and Satin Lips......we had great fellowship and fantastic food. I really enjoy our group we have. And I have the BEST Mentor mom out there.

On to other things......my dad is retiring today. He has been working for over 40 years......and today is the day. They are having a reception at noon. My mom is going. He is a little nervous though. They will be leaving for Florida in 2 weeks. This of course makes me very nervous. My parents are huge supporters of my little family and help us alot. But I realize they must too have a life. Pity Party for me though.

Remember when I moved into our dream home last July? We went in and totally gutted this house...you know if you have been reading me long. Well......the carpet in my hallway (which we replaced all the floors) has seams coming up. SO a carpet inspector came out to look at it....before Christmas. And yes....you guessed it....they are replacing it.....so I'm thinking the hallway is being replaced..no big deal. NO. The entire house is being replaced...the carpet they put down has a malfunction they called it. 2 words.....HOLY CRAP.
Now I have to pick things up from the bottom of my closets this weekend...they are doing this on Tuesday. And......have Miller out of here due to his allergies. Pulling carpet up will bother him. So we have some errands to run that day and then we will hang out with my mom and newly retired dad. Scott will be off this day to hang out at home...he can work in the garage.

We have started talking to Miller about potty training....he seems a little interested...but not so much. Who knows. We did play with play dough today for the first time. Good Times.

Friday Night Lights starts back tonight. This will be good. Love me some Riggins....lol.
The Celebrity Apprentice was pretty good last night. I'm backing Gene Simmons all the way. I know I'm sick. For some weird crazy exotic reason....I like him.

I have been visiting some new blogs....look over at my sidebar....pretty good stuff. I have some others in my blog lines....will add them later.
I hope you all have a great weekend.

Comments

Celebrity Apprentice??? I must be living under a rock or something...I had no idea. I must check it out. Gene Simmons brings me back to my KISS days...first concert I ever saw!

Jen, just curious but what is a mentor mom? Sounds interesting.
Wow! That carpet replacing is a huge deal! I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys.

I love MOPS too - I am a small group leader for the first time this year - our mentoring mom is pretty great as well. I think our spa day is in February... always a huge hit! Glad you had a wonderful time - we all need those few hours of relaxation once in awhile.

-Andrea
*~*Cece*~* said…
Yay for your dad retiring!

I'm the wierd mom in our family who doesn't mind buying Play Doh for my girls. I usually put them with a tray on the kitchen floor and they play for hours. If they do take it to the living room and it gets in the carpet I've learned that a damp towel or sponge over the dried up Doh will soften it & it'll come right up. No worries!

Have a nice weekend.
Christina said…
I belonged to MOPS in Germany and we had a blast. These groups are great, I ditto your recommendation to other moms.

Congratulations to your dad and may he have many happy retirement years.

The only thing I can say about having the carpet replaced is "That Sucks" but at least you will have a nice new carpet.

I liked celebrity Apprentice a lot. I will join you in the Simmons fan club. I watch family jewels too. What can I say. His family seems real nice. I liked Marilu Henner, but I am not sure how long Omorosa will last. Lenox Lewis seemed like a real quiet guy as did Trace Adkins, I wonder if they will open up.

I am going to check out some of the new blogs, thanks.
jennwa said…
I love MOPS too. I too recommend to any mother of a preschooler. It is the best. There are so many great women there.
Replacing carpet. Oh no! Good luck!
I will check out the new blogs too. I am always looking for new good blogs.
Have a great weekend.
Karen said…
MOPS and the moms' group at our church -- Time Out For Friendship -- were my lifelines when my kids were small. I don't know how stay-at-home moms can do without them, or something similar.

Oh, new carpet will be so nice! I know it's a pain to have everything in an upheaval, but a great way to clean too!

Have a great weekend!

P.S. I haven't forgotten about your cool award. I'm putting it on my sidebar and will do a post this weekend. Thanks again:)
Karen said…
. . . and, you're wondering, what award? It's one I got from Xandra, and I will be sending it over to you!! Watch for my post! (Don't ever get old like me, the brain is the first thing to go).
Laura said…
Oh what a drag about the carpet :(

I never even knew about Celebrity Apprentice. Will definitely have to watch next week!

Laura
Barb said…
Hi Jen,

Don't be surprised if your dad feels a little at odds at first. It takes a while for a newly retired man to settle into a routine.

Your MOPS group sounds great. It ALMOST makes me wish I were still a mother of preschoolers. Of course I'm a grandmother of a preschooler but so far I haven't heard of a GOPS group. LOL

I love it when you chat. It's always nice to catch up with you. That carpet thing sounds like a real drag though. But if it's defective, aren't you glad they're replacing it!
Barb said…
PS - I thought Celebrity Apprentice was GREAT last night and I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Omarosa. She gets on my very last nerve. Looks like the guys are going to get into it next week, too! Fun, fun, and on top of that, American Idol starts again on the 15th.

Finally. Some QUALITY television. LOL
mom of 2 said…
Wow...new carpet. It will be nice when it's done. Hopefully it won't be too much work for you!

The writers strike has put a damper on our tv viewing. They need to get that settled!!
Beth Cotell said…
I love MOPS as well! I am leading a small group this year...we call them Care Group Leaders. MOPS has been a blessing to me.

Good luck with the carpet replacement!
Sandy said…
Jen, thanks so much for visiting me. Happy New Year to you. Sounds like a fantastic time.
Sandy
Michelle said…
Our MOPS next Tues is "Pamper Day" lol - sounds like the same as your Spa Day - great way to come back from the holiday break!