Just another day


Today I have cleaned my Dining Room and put away my Christmas Dishes...I kept them out as they are so pretty to look at in the China Cabinet. I have now put my original china back into the cabinet and the room is normal again. I did however leave the Red Candlestick holders with red candles as Valentines Day is near. I have cleaned both bathrooms and have a load of laundry going. I still need to sweep floors and vacuum before lunch time. Miller and I are going to make Dreamsicle cookies today too. Beds are all made. The house is quiet. Miller is playing in the floor with blocks. He loves blocks and balls.

We have had only Cardinals on the pinecone bird feeders this morning. 4 to be exact. They are such beautiful birds. Not a whole lot happening today.

My bible study starts tonight. Miller goes to his class too. He is finally old enough to go to Mission Friends class.

Idol was pretty funny with the guy in the yellow suit singing deep....and the crazy lady who lives with her mom in a one room studio. She was nuts...although I felt so sorry for Temptress and her mama...so sad...she was such a sweet young lady. I did love the last women...she reminded me of Sheryl Crowe. I liked her though. We haven't watched Biggest Loser...but really enjoy the couple thing.

I'm looking forward to the Apprentice..I like Gene Simmons....and Lost is coming on in a couple of weeks...finally good tv is back on.

We have church tonight and eating leftovers. The weather here is really cold. 22 this morning....I wish we would get some snow.....well...what are you all doing today?

Comments

Karen said…
Your house sounds so warm and cozy and clean! How nice that you have cardinals right in your back yard. We don't have them in Colorado. They're such beautiful birds.
I am working like crazy today-- lots to catch up on. I also have to get started on making some spaghetti sauce in a little bit. My sis-in-law, her two boys and grandma and grandpa are coming over for supper. I'm stressing big time because my house is a mess! I'll get Em to bake some brownies when she gets home from school and we'll have that with ice cream for dessert. Enjoy you bible study tonight!
Anonymous said…
Wow you've gotten a lot done today! I'm in horrible need of cleaning my house, but instead I'm sitting here blogging because the baby is napping!
Mid-Life Mother said…
That does sound comfy cozy! You're inspiring me to finish packing away Christmas and to get going on my own Bible study for tomorrow.
Kelli said…
You've been getting lots done, Jen! I love Cardinals and have more birdseed on my shopping list. We have a male and female that visit regularly.
Idol was fun to watch...well expect for the creepy stalker guy...ewwww!! LOL
Hugs,
Kelli
Barb said…
You definitely sound a lot better, Jen. Take it easy though - you don't want a relapse.

Some parts of American Idol actually were scary last night, especially that big hairy naked guy. For heavens sake. What was he thinking! The Star Wars girl cracked me up. She's totally clueless.

It bothered me to miss Biggest Loser couples last night but nothing, and I mean nothing, takes precedence over American Idol, even the nerve-wracking audition shows.
Mike said…
At our house, we still have our Santa decorations up.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/
Unknown said…
Just stopping by for a visit. You have such a pretty blog and I love any blog that has to do with coffee. :-)
Christina said…
I like to keep my Christmas china out too, but I don't because the boys might play Frisbee with one of the plates. Can you believe I actually have china? What kind of woman who moves every few years has china?

I thought American Idol was pretty good last night. That girl who lives in the studio with her mom was actually on a talk show today. She was actually pretty funny and didn't seem quite as crazy, but just a little bit.

I can't wait for Lost and I like The Apprentice too although I was surprised Gene Simmons got a little weird with Donald's daughter.

That's good that you can bring Miller to a class during your Bible study. I think it's great for the kids to have their own church things early on.
mom of 2 said…
I love cardinals...they are so pretty!

We watched Idol and I agree with all that you said. That one lady was totally nuts, but I felt bad for her. Oh, and what about the Star Wars girl...cuckoo!
Laura said…
What is missions friends Jen, I've never heard of it.
It was REALLY cold here yesterday too, but we didn't get any new snow. It was suppose to be zero last night! Brrrr!

It sounds like you have a good, productive morning! I feel as though I can't finish a whole lot these days - someone always needs to be fed, or changed, or loved on! But, I'm okay with that :)

I love cardinals! They are so beautiful! We had one male last year that had TWO girls with him all the time. We called him our "player". :)

Hope bible study was good and Miller had fun as well!

-Andrea
Want to come over and clean my house? It's a disaster. Of course, I could be cleaning it but instead I'm reading blogs! *LOL*

I am just hanging in so far today. School canceled....might take the kids bowling, if I can clear my playroom out of all the neighborhood kids.
Wow, the whole cleaning thing at your house is in serious overdrive! :) Sounds like you're all caught up and able to spend some quiet time with yourself and the kids, which is great. You should take a photo of the birds on those pine cone feeders, I bet it looks great :)

Did you end up getting snow? None here, just really chilly. It's supposed to be very cold this weekend here.

Have a great day!
Renee said…
You've been busy! Sounds like a great day at home. Hope you liked your bible study.
It does sound like you've got a nice clean house...come do mine! You're always so busy, hope you've had a good week.
I'm trying to catch up on blog reading....just got home from a business trip with hubby, in Florida actually! Where did your parents go in Florida, did they buy a place there?