It's the weekend.

This morning it's cold. Not snow cold...but frost cold. The sun peeped through my curtains and woke me. Scott had already left for work. The kids are asleep and the house is so quiet. Yet in an hour it will be utter chaos. But that is okay. The sun is shining today and that is what matters.

My week has been really hard with me being so sick. But I think I'm getting better. They wanted to do a chest X Ray and I told them lets wait. I'm feeling stronger. I guess the anti biotic is kicking in. I went to the grocery store yesterday and it didn't even tire me out. Scott took me to dinner last night...Outback style. I ate really well. We had a nice time...no kids.

My parents leave on Monday. This is making me sad and nervous. But it's going to happen. So I need to just get over it.

This weekend......today I'm thinking we may just hang out here. We don't have many days when we can stay home all day. No where to go. I think we may straighten through the house....I may let Madison make some great dessert and help with dinner....we may watch some movies and just rest. Tomorrow is church and we will probably have my parents over for dinner. Madison sings tomorrow night at church so we will all be there for that.

Next week is a new week. Madison starts back to gymnastics and I start walking again. Things will slowly start going back into schedule. My bible study starts next week and I have a MOPS meeting. So...busy busy.

My carpet is down and looks great. I'm glad that is over with. I have picked out some curtains for my dining room and will order those this week.

Miller and I will start on some projects this week....our pine cone/bird feeders. I look forward to doing these with him.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Talk to you all soon.

Comments

mom of 2 said…
Glad you're feeling better! Hope y'all have a nice weekend!
I'm glad you're feeling better, and it sounds like you're having a wonderful, peaceful day. Have a great weekend!
jennwa said…
I am glad to hear your are feeling better. It sounds like a good weekend plan. Have fun!!!
Christina said…
Sounds like you are feeling better, Praise God, because you are one busy lady.

Glad to hear you may get one whole day of rest. My week is going to get very busy also. We have church tomorrow and that's it but on Monday the kids go back to school and I have a class, grocery shopping, exercise, etc.

You will be okay when your parents go but it will be hard at first and by the time you get used to it they will be back. Just hang in there.

Good thing you got the carpet replacement out of the way.
Glad you're starting to feel better, Jen. Take care and don't over do it, but definitely enjoy the weekend. Sounds like you've got a good one lined up. And next week too, I know you'll miss your parents, and especially your mom, tremendously, but you're doing the right thing. Staying busy and finding fun things to do to fill your time will make it fly by :)

Take care and have a great weekend!!!
Sounds like you got your weekend planned. I hope it turns out the way you want it.


I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.



Jillian
Michelle said…
glad you are feeling better! and well enough to go to outback; especially nice it was just the 2 of you!
Kelli said…
I'm sorry to hear you have been sick, Jen. Sending prayers and (((hugs))) to you.
I saw your question about my nature study plans. My idea is to go to the same place (a park with a walking trail) each month and see what the changes are. My kids usually want to run and play instead of sit and draw for long periods of time so I take pictures, have them printed and do our drawings from them. That way at the end of the year we'll have real photos and drawings! I hope I am disciplined enough to go through with it! LOL

Kelli
Karen said…
Just dropping in to say hi and have a good weekend. My dad is leaving for three months next week -- his annual trip down south. The parting is always hard, but it's so nice to be back together again and have lots of new things to share.

Enjoy your weekend!
Barb said…
The pine cone bird feeders sound like fun, Jen. I'm so glad you're finally feeling better.
I'm also relieved you're feeling better. By your blog header and mine, I think we have something in common.
As We Sail... said…
Mom is the heart of the home, so when we're sick nothing feels right to the rest. Glad you're better, I'm sure everyone breaths easier. Don't do to much too soon and cause a relapse.