Hump Day


So its hump day. The sun is shining which is awesome. What a day yesterday. Miller went to school and I came home to finalize menu planning and strip bed sheets...today is alot of laundry yet to fold. And just cleaning up the house. I'm going to work out as well.

We have a friend I need each of you to pray for. Our dear friend Rod had 2 stints put in last week and now they have told him he is in congestive heart failure. He is wearing a life vest to monitor his heart and if he goes into cardiac arrest it will shock him. Rod turned 62 last month...he and his wife Linny are some of our best friends. You know the friends that come into your life and yet never leave they are just that special???? We are taking dinner over to their house on Saturday night and hang out with them....we need prayers for his healing and strength. Life is so fragile. We just dont get it.

This week is actually pretty slow for me...I'm making some Derby Pies today for some great neighbors....will finish up some cleaning..do a game or craft with Miller and exercise. We have church tonight so I need to make a snack for my kids...probably cookies so Miller can help...

We sat down and watched Lost last night...exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have missed it so much. We started watching Lost one summer when there is nothing else on we rented the DVD's at the library. So since this is Lost's last season I think we will do the same thing for Grey's Anatomy this summer...a new series that most of my friends watch and we dont.

Well I hope you all have a blessed day.....if you have some sun...walk out and enjoy it if only for five minutes!

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
What is a Derby pie??......sounds like something I would like!

Your friend is in a serious mess! Yes prayer needed.

I kinda like Grey's...Lost...nahhhh.

We a had a beautiful sunny day & I slept thru it!!!!!!!!!!
Karen said…
I'll keep your friend in my prayers.

I'm curious, too. What is Derby pie?

My son is watching Lost. I've never watched it, getting caught up by DVD is a good idea. I'm actually watching thirtysomething on DVD right now. You're too young to remember it (sigh).

I took a walk this morning and it was a perfect day for it. Cold, but sunny, and a light snow was glistening on the ground. Beautiful.

Enjoy your day.
Christina said…
I will pray for your friend. Sorry to hear he is not doing well, hopefully God will hear all our prayers.

I tivo'd Lost last night and can't wait to watch it. I will be sorry to see it go. Good idea about getting the series of shows like Grey's Anatomy from the library to watch over the summer. I am totally hooked on Grey's.
Trailboss said…
I will also keep your friend in my prayers. Life is so very fragile. We just never know what will happen. I went to the dr this week and my bloodwork, blood pressure and pulse rate was perfect. My dr was very pleased as was I. At 52 I have to take care of myself. No one else will! You know how that is. Women tend to take care of everyone else except themselves. I have finally (maybe) learned!
Susanne said…
Saying a prayer for your friend.

I've heard of Derby pie but I don't think I've ever had one.