My day today


I thought I would let you know what my day is going to be like here. First this morning we thought Madison missed the bus...which involved panic and yelling. That is always good first thing in the morning. Along with forgetting she has gymnastics after school so she normally packs a bag and forgot....good times. Today is the only day I get to stay home until the evening this week.
Right now I have cinnamon toast in the oven for us for breakfast. After breakfast Miller is going to paint while I make banana nut bread...my bananas are getting soft. I also need to get my lasagna in the crockpot for dinner tonight and Then...I will prepare a meal for a family tonight that just brought their daughter home from Vanderbilt with a brain tumor....the tumor was removed and she is home and we wait to see what to do next. The little girl is Miller's age and so cute. After I prepare the meal...I will throw in a load of laundry and vacuum the house...and then get Miller to help with wiping down the furniture.
I also need to soak my glasses in the cabinet in water and vinegar as they are foggy looking.
I dont like foggy glasses especially when we have company over.
While soaking those I then will pull the trash can up from the driveway as today is garbage day.
Then start thinking of the Easter/Spring wreath I want to create for my front door.
Start to prep lunch and eat lunch....we are going to have...leftovers....Chicken Boudine from last night. Such a great Paula Deen recipe.
After lunch Miller and I will wind down for nap time...as he sleeps I will be on laundry load 2 and folding load 1....then go get a shower...yes no shower yet....make some phone calls and work on some computer things. (MOPS Tea Party, Church things, and Menu Planning).
Madison gets picked up on Tuesdays for gymnastics so she wont be getting off the bus....but at 5 I pick her and her friends up then will drop off the meal to our friends....come home and start prepping our dinner table and meal for us. Go over homework....play the Wii with Miller, getting baths/showers out of the way...kitchen cleaned up....coffee started....and hopefully sit down with a glass of wine by 8pm....to watch/catch up on shows. Kids asleep by 9pm. Me passed out by 10pm.....
Alarm goes off Wednesday morning at 5am...it starts all over again.

That is my day today...if things go as planned....with being a mom....we have curves and hills in our road....enjoy your day and see you tomorrow.

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
LOL sounds like my day. I got Danny & Package's breakfast this morning...Danny out the door. Supper cooking...made a pot of chicken noodle soup, its just about finished. Got two loads of clothes washed & hung out on the COLD CLOTHES LINE! Got another load going. Got Danny's lunch made...which I will deliver to him today. Got to take Package to the doctor, then go get a hair cut & hi-lites. Go to Wal-Mart for a few things. Then drop Package off with Danny so I can then go to a meeting in the next town for work. WHEW! Will I pass by you sometime today in all this ACTIVITY!!! LOL!
Trailboss said…
I am worn out just reading your day!
Barb said…
You know, my glasses did that too and I finally traced it back to a conditioning rinse I was using in my dishwasher. I tried the vinegar and it didn't work very well for me, but eventually, after repeated washing without the rinse conditioner, they all cleared up.

Very aggravating, cloudy glasses.

I can't in my wildest dreams imagine you spending a lazy day, Jen. My word, you make me feel like a slug and I'm a pretty busy person myself. LOL
Sarah said…
Okay, that is quite the day. It's crazy when it all gets written down isn't it? For me, there would be a few "stop and look at the computer" times written in as well. Did I say a few? I can't pass by the doggone thing without looking for updates. UGH.

Have a good one!
Christy said…
Sounds very familiar!!!

Laura Grace doesn't take the bus so we are all running out the door in a panic almost every morning LOL.

I didn't know that trick about water and vinegar...I need to try that!!

I hope you have a relaxing evening. I miss wine right now :)