Cleaning

Today I'm cleaning. Something that is getting harder to do each day with Miller. He wants me to play with him all the time. So I decided i would take him to school on Tuesdays and instead of running errands...which I can do on Wednesdays...i will come home and clean.

2 hours gives me time to get things in order doesnt it? I'm needing to vacuum, do some laundry, make beds, dust all furniture and sweep floors. I did get bathrooms done yesterday while he watched a movie...but the rest of the day was spent outside, playing the wii and playing Go Fish...is new favorite pass time.

What do you do to get things done around the house with little ones....

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
I just do the best I can. I can do a good bit with Little Package around but mopping is a different chore. She tags along with me doing everything. But all kids are different. Sounds like the 2 hours at school & you home cleaning is a good plan.
Debbie said…
he needs a little brother or sister to play with ;)
Lori said…
I'm new to your blog, but I agree with Debbie :-) That's my plan for my little one - If that's not an option, naptime, or a "play area" that's closed off...Hmmm, I'm not there yet, so I don't know what I'd do. The moms I know vacuum and everything while their young ones nap...
Christina said…
Definitely a hard one. Sometimes you can tell them that it is alone play for half an hour or so, but it takes awhile for them to get used to that. The good news is they eventually get bored and decide to play something by themselves.
Trailboss said…
TV worked some, but I did most of it on Saturday when his dad could watch him. I never was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. Could you somehow make him think he was 'helping' by giving him some task to do that could occupy his attention for a while? Just a thought.