Black Friday is officially over....

As I sit here and write this...Black Friday is coming to an end. All the early shoppers should be home waking up from their afternoon nap or still out there. I for one did not venture out into the craziness. Madison and mom did however and got a few bargains. Miller and I stayed home and made all our gifts in a jar....we did M&M Cookies, Dreamsicle, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread, and Almond Joy Brownies.......I'm not going to start making candy until the tree is up. I don't put our tree up until after Miller's birthday so we can separate the two for him...my mom always did this with me as my birthday is December 8th.

Madison and Scott have headed out tonight for the big local high school game. If we win we go to state...yes state. This is the same school I went to and Madison goes to....pretty exciting.

Miller and I are staying home...we have had leftovers and watching some Winnie the Pooh and chilling out from all the holiday excitement. Tomorrow we go to Scott's parents house for yet another Thanksgiving.

I did however get some on line shopping done and feel good about it...

So what all are you doing this busy holiday weekend? Getting Christmas decorations out...or still eating turkey...or shopping for that perfect gift? Let me know....talk to you soon.

Comments

Sounds like you got a lot done on Black Friday! My sister and I ventured out mid-day, but just a quick trip to 2 stores. Nothing for Christmas though. I probably won't start shopping for Christmas until the first week in December. Wish I could start sooner. Had hoped to get the tree up this weekend but it ain't gonna happen :) Maybe next weekend!

Hope you guys have a wonderful rest-of-the-holiday weekend :)
Michelle said…
I don't go out for the early morning shopping craziness either. For one I'm not a morning person, and two I don't like crowds LOL But this year I definitely wouldn't have gone since I would have had to bring Kayla with me! Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day at home!
Marci said…
We did not go out and shop either. In fact our dogs ran out of dog food and we are waiting until tomorrow to get some. =) Your birthday is the day before mine!!
Can you believe it was my husband who got up at 4:30 Friday morning and went shopping!! He said it was crazy - absolutely crazy. I stayed home and slept :)

Your holiday weekend sounds so nice - relaxing and fun. But also like you have gotten some good things accomplished! I hope you have a really special time today at your in-law's. We're having a birthday party for Judah - should be fun!! :)

-Andrea
Mimi said…
I am doing all of the above... went out at 6Am to Wal-mart to get the grand kids a few things...then stopped by the church to deliver the new Sunday School Materian (new quarter starts next sunday) then home to heat up left overs and do a little decorating...
Didn't do a lot of shopping, just a quick trip to 2 stores like Stacy said! I need to get busy though.

I should try some of those jar mixes sometime...do you have the recipes posted somewhere?
Family W said…
I didn't go out into the craziness either. We spent a quiet weekend at home for the most part, while I worked on sewing up some christmas gifts I am making. :) We'll get to the christmas decorating later on this week.