Summer Ideas for kids

For more great summer tips for kids who are bored....head on over to We are that family.

1. Alot of Bubbles.

2. Put Put in the evening with Popsicle to end.

3. A Drive Inn if you have one...throw some blankets in the back and some homemade smores.

4. A Summer Scrap Book.

5. Picnic in the park at dinner time. We always do it at lunch why not dinner.

6. summer Concerts

7. Museums.

8. Work a puzzle together.

9. Lemonade Stand and then take the money and go up to the local convenient store for candy.

10. Spray Parks or water sprinklers out back.

11. Skating.

12. Thrift Shopping is fun for us.

13. Ice Cream and the library

14. Make a dessert for the family or neighbors.

15. Water balloon fight in the back yard.

16. Toy store browsing on hot days. Allow them one thing to buy under $5.

17. Lunch with dad in the park...if too hot make it in doors..seeing dad in the middle of the day is a treat for little ones.

18. Making milkshakes, smoothies or Orange cows are fun.

19. Waiting for the ice cream man.

20. Catching fire flies and letting them go.

There ya have it...some of our summer fun ideas this summer to keep my kids from saying they are bored. Of course we have kids coming in and out of the house all the time. Sleepovers are big here. Enjoy your summer and bookmark this Works for me Wednesday.



Comments

Noel said…
I love those ideas, especially the scrapbooking the summer one. I had intended to do that this summer, but keep forgetting to get pictures printed out!
Thank you for the list of ideas. I added more to my boredom list! Thanks.
Trailboss said…
Orange cows? Never heard of it.

Good list but you still forgot horseback riding at the lake!
Lana said…
What a cute blog! I enjoyed looking as I'm drinking my cup of java.

I love to catch fireflies! I can't tell you how many I killed growing up, by putting them in a jar so they would light up my bedroom.

Blessings to you!
www.ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com
Tina Leigh said…
What is an orange cow? Hummm... sounds fun!
Sarah said…
If we ever slow down enough to start having fun, I'm going to utilize your list! Man, it's been crazy! Looking forward to some rest and relaxtion soon, so we can regroup and enjoy!
Christina said…
I am totally enjoying your ideas. Thanks. I am pretty busy this summer, but it can't hurt to have some back up plans for when the kids get bored.