Its Friday...thanks goodness!


For more Favorite things go visit Suzanne over at Living to tell the story....


1. Laughing. We have had a crazy week. One that is not really normal for us. Miller thru his elbow out Wednesday morning. So we headed to the ER. They told me it was a sprain and sent me home with nothing but a sling. Mother's intuition kicked in and I took him back...knowing he gets Nurse Maid Elbow....another term for knocking the elbow out of sock it for toddlers. We headed back....the Doctor agreed and while he slept on me they popped it back. That day was so whirl winded I ended up laughing at it that night. It's good to laugh.

2. Harpers Island. Does anyone else watch this? We love it.

3. Reading to Miller. He loves for me to read. Sometimes in the daily hustle bustle I forget or dont have time....this week we read alot. With him under the weather and going to the ER twice...I felt like reading to him would comfort him. It did. And we both enjoyed it.

4. New bed sheets at TJ Max with a high thread count at a decent price....Yeah!

5. Packing for camp. Remember these days? Madison is headed to camp with Scott (church camp) so packing is always fun for camping.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Say a small prayer. Scott has a stomach bug and we dont want Madison to get it and for him to get over it before Monday as they head out. Just our luck I know. I have alot of errands to run today. Nail appointment, last minute camp things, a birthday present....we are headed to the Super Man Festival in Illinois tomorrow pending everyone feels good. Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

Trailboss said…
I am so glad that Miller is ok. You did good Mom!
Islandsparrow said…
Oh dear - sometimes things are so crazy all you can do is laugh! And say a prayer:)

which I'll be do right now - so that it doesn't spread.

Happy weekend!
Brenda said…
Don't you just love mothers intuition? Good for you for taking him back. Hope your son has a great time at camp.
ellen b. said…
Hi Jen,
Hope all goes well and the bugs are exterminated by Monday!! Good job getting what Miller really needed :0)
Have a great weekend...
Sandra said…
LOL you must have guessed I watch Harper's Island LOL I love it, it's just the kind of show I enjoy :)
Barbara H. said…
Ouch! Glad Miller's arm is back in place and will hopefully feel better soon.

My kids always loved readi9ng during waiting times, too.

Hope everyone feels better and the bug doesn't spread!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/
Mia said…
Reading together is just the best!! I was sad because I thought my youngest at 10 was about over me reading aloud.
But God brought me Puddin'Cup and I read him his first book the other day!
Prayed for Miller this week!!
Robin said…
Laughter and good coffee - just what the doctor ordered!
Barb said…
The Superman festival? I can't wait to hear all about that!

Poor little guy, but thank goodness you knew the doctor was wrong, and you took him back.

You know, I never did start watching Harpers Island and now I see it's in reruns. Hmmmmm.

I hope Scott recovers quickly and that she doesn't catch the bug - how sweet, that they're going to camp together. :-)
Sarah said…
Glad Miller's arm is okay - sounds like he's had a tough week, and thus, you as well! Glad you got some extra cuddle time in to ease the pain, and snuggle together. Praying for the stomach bug to pass super quick and stop where it is at!
Sarah said…
Glad Miller's arm is okay - sounds like he's had a tough week, and thus, you as well! Glad you got some extra cuddle time in to ease the pain, and snuggle together. Praying for the stomach bug to pass super quick and stop where it is at!
Christina said…
Sounds like you are having a busy, but fun weekend. I'm praying for you all to be well. Yes, I too watch Harper's Island, I just can't help myself.
Susanne said…
And he slept through the popping back in of the elbow? Good for you for going with your gut instinct!

Yay for the deal on new sheets. I need some too. Too bad we don't have a T.J. Maxx.