Coffee Talk

It's Thursday morning and it's early. I forgot what it was like to get up before 6:30am.....and it's not fun. I have already done 2 loads of laundry, made breakfast and cleaned it up...fixed a 6th graders hair and put a little blush on her.....made my bed....started a mess of green beans....and watered the flowers in the front yard. I'm tired now. Miller is still sleeping. And the house is quiet. Scott took Madison to school and I sit here with my coffee (freshly grinded by the way) and the computer.....

Madison loved middle school. She got off the bus yesterday and smiled really big stating she LOVED IT! So this is good. She is spending the night with her friend tonight and headed to a local water park for tomorrow....they are out of school tomorrow. So.....tonight she has cheer practice before she goes off on her big adventure. Not sure what me and Miller will be doing tomorrow. We may head to the pool. The temps are dropping here low humidity too. It's quite nice actually.

I'm heading to the grocery today and have some other errands to run...so I need a shower....oh by the way....I got 4 inches cut off my hair yesterday...and I like it.
I had a morning to myself and it was so nice...I got my peaches too....so I'm making beef tips in brown gravy...green beans fresh off the farm....corn on the cobb off the farm....fried okra and peach cobbler for dinner...yum yum yum I heart summer veggies.....oh dont forget the amount of tomatoes I have coming in everyday......

Have a great day!

Comments

Christy said…
I am getting used to the rise at dawn as well LOL

I did this last school year because I taught preschool but the summer made me forget!

I LOVED middle school so hopefully Madison will continue to do so!
Christina said…
That's awesome that Madison loved middle school. This makes it a lot easier to send her off every day.

I am always up early and I don't like it either, but like you I get a bunch of stuff done. In fact it is 5:35am and I am just going to start the laundry after pouring my first cup of coffee. I need to freshly grind mine, that sounded so good.
Trailboss said…
I am so glad Madison enjoyed her first day of Middle school. Also glad her school wasn't impacted by that idiot in graves county yesterday. Come to find out he was about 5 miles from my house. EEK!

I have tomatoes coming out of my ears too. They are yummy though.
I am glad to hear your daughter is enjoying middle school. That is wonderful! You just reminded me that in a few short weeks, I'll be getting up early, too. I am not ready for school to start! BTW, how are your tomatoes doing? Our garden has suffered a bit this year, with the drought and all. Our tomatoes are a bit sad looking....

:-(
I don't like getting up at that time of the day - I am NOT a morning person! However, I will admit that I do get more done if I get up earlier. Wow, you had a busy morning!

I'm so glad she likes school and is happy about it. The first day can be bad, but it sounds like she is adjusting well and will do great.

Hope you have a great day :)
Sandra said…
I'll be doing the early morning thing starting monday, not looking forward to it at all.

Your dinner sounds SO good :)
Karen said…
It's nice to read about a nice, normal day. I can't wait to get my house set up and get back to that (whatever 'normal' is). I'm glad Madison enjoyed her first day! Emily registered yesterday and saw some friends, has her brand new school planner, and is looking forward to starting next week. It's quite a milestone, isn't it?

Once I get the kids back in school, I'm going to get my hair cut, too! I need a new 'do'. Nothing too drastic, but I want to get rid of some of the length. Enjoy your day:) Today is Friday, I'm commenting on yesterday's post.
Ummmmm.... FOUR inches and you just stick that in there like it's nothin'!! That's a big deal, Jen! I am glad you like it. Is the style different or just a shorter version of the same?

Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious!

-Andrea