It's Monday!!!!! And I have BIG news





Good Monday Morning Everyone...........


Well, there is alot going on today....we have Meal Planning Monday with Organize Junkie and Holiday Recipes with Overwhelmed with Joy......so many great things going on with FOOD...one of my favorite words.
We had a great weekend....Saturday Scott worked but we went down to the BBQ on the river and really enjoyed all the great food. I had a chocolate covered frozen banana with peanut butter dipping sauce......my ultimate FAVORITE!!!!!! We had our family pictures made for the Church directory......and Sunday...(this is my BIG news) Madison accepted Jesus Christ into her heart. She will be baptized soon. And I was in the nursery....Yes I missed it...She looked up at her daddy when the preacher opened things up and said...lets go...I'm ready....what a shock....when the Lord speaks to you...he really does even if mommy is in the nursery. The childrens minister came and got me so I made it for the end part......I'm so proud of her. And I know we have done a great job leading her to Christ. As one mom put it....that part of your job is over....now you just have to raise her. Madison is so head strong. And I'm so very proud of her. WOW...what a feeling when you lead your own to Christ.
I'm going to do my Meal Planning first......go visit more meal planning at Organize Junkie.....

Monday...........Taco Casserole

Tuesday..........Chili...in the crock pot..(it's gymnastics night)

Wednesday....Family Dinner Night @ Church

Thursday.........Chicken Linguine..with a salad

Friday..............Eat Out...(Homecoming Football Game)

Saturday..........Steaks, Baked Potato, Squash..and side salad

Sunday.............Lattice Top Chicken....with fruit salad

Hope you all enjoyed it!!!!


Now for Holiday Cooking Recipes......with Overwhelmed wih Joy....go on over and visit her.
I didnt know if people were going to jump right in with Christmas or what....so I thought I would start with something for Halloween..with it only 29 days away and all.....

The Great Pumpkin Dessert

1 can of pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup of butter melted
1 1/2 cups walnuts chopped

Preheat ovn 350 degrees....grease a 9x13 baking dish. In a large bowl...combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well.....and pour into your pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of your mixture. Drizzle with butter and walnuts.
Bake @ 350 for 1 hour...or knife comes out clean.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!
This is a great recipe and very good during Halloween and Fall..I hope you all enjoy it as much as our family does.

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday...I'm cleaning today......


Comments

Unknown said…
This sounds delicious. Thanks!
Laura said…
Oh how wonderful about your daughter! How old is Madison again? I've finally got my menu up so you can link on up there. Oh and can I just say chocolate frozen banana with peanut butter dipping sauce...YUM!!!!! Laura
PS: You need to use the new Menu Plan Monday banner...it would go so much better with your new site...lol.
mom of 2 said…
That's so awesome about Madison...it is an amazing feeling!!! (Emily accepted Christ and was baptized about a year ago...there's nothing sweeter than a child coming to Christ!)

Glad you all had a good weekend...the banana sounds divine!!!
Jennifer said…
That is wonderful news about Madison. I know you are so proud of her. You certainly have done an awesome job.
That pumpkin dessert sounds heavenly. Does it take much like pumpkin pie? I adore pumpkin pie, and so do the kids, but Craig can't stand it. He likes to smell it cooking, but that's it. Have a great day!
Pamela said…
How intriguing with the cake mix crumbled on top! Sounds yummy delish! Thanks :)
Susie said…
I know this recipe is delicious. I call it Pumpkin Yum and it's always a hit!!
Love the look of your site, and I'll be back when I have more time..
:-)
Jodi said…
Sounds yummy!! And that pumpkin dessert sounds delish!

Happy Monday!
Yummy, this all sounds scrumptious! I've copied your pumpkin recipe down also, thanks for sharing! I'm curious about the "lattice top chicken", is it like a pie with a lattice top? :)

Wonderful news on your daughter, a very special time in her life. What a blessed day!
Ravenbajan said…
I LOVE the new look to your blog! It looks terrific.
Susanne said…
Lovely site! I love the name and slogan!

Your menu sounds wonderful!
Sandra said…
Oh this sounds SO good....Yum.

I'm SO thrilled for Madison, what a wonderful thing ;)

And your menus look great this week.

Hugs,
Sandra
Ms. Kathleen said…
Anything pumpkin is perfect in my book. This is a must-try recipe. Thanks bunches!
Ms. Kathleen said…
Oh, and I am SO, SO very happy about your daughter. What a blessing to your heart. God bless her!
Christina said…
That is awesome news. It brought tears of joy to my eyes to hear that one so young has accepted Jesus. Tell Madison that many people are very proud of her. How can you beat that day? No way. That was such a great gift the Lord gave you. You must be doing a great job and I am so happy for Madison. I guess I better go read the rest you wrote. I was so happy to hear about Madison I had to comment right away. I didn't even finish reading your post.
Christina said…
Ok I read the rest and I am going to make this recipe ASAP. I love pumpkin.
Barb said…
It is a wonderful feeling when your child accepts Christ as her Savior. I know how happy you are.

Your great pumpkin dessert sounds perfect for this time of year. I make pumpkin cookies for my family and they love them. So I know they'll like this. Printing it out right now. Thank you. :-)
This sounds so yummy! Thank you!

And how wonderful about Madison!
Jessica said…
This sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it!
Jenn said…
How precious about your daughter. Great job, mom. Now to teach about the many decisions involved in 'the walk'. It's a lifelong process. How exciting!!
Wonderful news about your daughter accepting Christ..know you must be so excited.
Good menu, and fun looking pumpkin recipe. Thanks for sharing.
keri said…
exciting news about madison. ok, love the new look. i haven't stopped in here in over a week, sorry! but it looks super!!
BlondeBrony said…
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
Overwhelmed! said…
Jen, remind me, how old is Madison? Snuggle Bug is 21 months old and I'm encouraged by the fact that he holds his hands in prayer at bedtime, says "Amen" and likes me to read from his childrens bible. These are small milestones, but ones that warms my heart.

As for your Great Pumpkin Dessert, it looks divine! I'll be trying it.

Thanks so much for participating in my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I really do appreciate it!
Tina Leigh said…
OH JEN!!!! I 've been gone on vacation.....what a wonderful thing has happened while I was gone!!! I bet I want find another blog with anything as important or wonderful as finding out that your daughter is SAVED and I will get to meet her (if not in this world) in heaven!! Oh I can imagine the conversation....."Oh your Madison! Madison I remember the day I read on your Mama's blog about how you had come to know my Jesus!! I am so happy to meet you sister!!"!! Oh JEN I am jealous too because I have 2 boys that are lost but I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND SCOTT and of cours for sweet little Madison that I WILL meet one day!!!! Tears!!!
Glass Half Full said…
The angels in heaven are rejoicing!!!
Glass Half Full said…
Had to add....

My church does a family dinner night before their mid-week service and I had to laugh on that we are eating at my hubby's school's homecoming dinner Friday too. Our schedules are a lot a like!!! :)
Kelli said…
Mmm.....I love pumpkin and this recipe sounds delicious!! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Kelli
That is so awesome about Madison. Makes me cry. I'm so glad you shared.

BTW - love your new "look!"
I'm trying anther recipe using a yellow cake mix..The pumpkin pie also sounds great with the cake mix