Day 4 at Swim Lessons

Day 4 we headed out. All was quiet in the car. I didn't know if Miller was happy or sad or scared. I didn't mention it though. We arrived 10 minutes early and went on out to the pool. Sprayed his head with sunscreen and took his shirt off of him. They explained we were in a new pool today..(we take lessons at a pool shop there are 4 pools there) and so the kids were so excited to have a different environment. Miller and I walked over and I got in first...as he walked down the steps he slipped and fell down the steps....hence...flipping out. Ran out of the pool crying. Here we go again.
I talked him into getting to the steps. And talked to him quietly. He was embarrassed he said. I didn't think 3 year olds were embarrassed. They can be!
As the teacher arrived Miller was doing bubbles under the water and grabbed his rings and started going for them. Doing such a great job. An hour into the lessons....she called for a few of the kids and Miller was one of them. We went to the deep end. Jumping off the side and swimming to the side of the pool. He did great. Then he did the diving board twice! TWICE I SAID...no complaints no crying just walked up to it and jumped.....she was there....and guided him once he came up and they swam to the edge of the pool. I was so proud of him. My mom stopped by and watched...she just could nto believe what this woman could do with these kids in 4 days.

We left a little early with a purple sucker today as water got into his eyes and they turned red. So I needed to get the eye drops in fast. But as far as the fourth day...he is doing great. We go back today...day 5. I'm looking forward to it. We are meeting granny for lunch before to celebrate a great week he has had.

He has done so well and we look forward to next weeks lessons as well.

Comments

Trailboss said…
He is doing so well. Enjoy your day with him and especially your lunch!
Sarah said…
Wow - even the diving board? That is amazing! Good for him!
Tina Leigh said…
Look at it this way Jen, it is good for him to have some fear of the pool. He is doing well.