Ice Storm Part II


Here we go again. Ice Storm part 2. My parents are in route home today. Pray they make it safe with all the rains in Alabama and now this up through Tennessee and Kentucky. The ice woke me up at 4am hitting my bedroom window. School is out again. So far we are going through May 30th now.....GREAT! The roads are covered....and it is steadily coming down. We have had the craziest winter ever.
So today I'm going to put on a pot of Veggie Soup and make some homemade bread. Scott will be out in this all day and I want him to have something warm when he gets home. Lost and Survivor is on tonight so great night on TV.
I'm going to do somethings around the hose today so you all have a good warm day! Who's ready for pool parties and flip flops?

Comments

mom of 2 said…
I'm so ready for pool parties and flip flops!!

That is a lot of ice...yikes!!! Hope you guys stay safe and warm today!
No ice here but plenty of rain! Hope your parents have a safe trip.
Anonymous said…
Veggie soup and homemade bread! YUM! Man, I miss being down there because of the tame winters, but I guess not this year??
Laura said…
I'm so ready for summer it's not even funny!
Karen said…
Praying for a safe trip for your parents. The 7-can-soup was fabulous! I made a big crockpot full, thinking I'd have leftovers. I went to my exercise class and when I got home there was just enough left for me. We had a neighbor kid for supper and they all devoured it, with the cheese, chips and a smattering of sour cream:)
Christina said…
I will say a prayer for your parents safe return. I'm guessing they may have to stop at a hotel if this keeps up. I still can't believe all this stormy weather you are having.
I am so ready for this snow to end. And OH I'd love some of your homemade bread while I watch Survivor tonight!!!

Steph
Sandra said…
We're having lots of rain the past few days but no ice obviously. Just wish that the winter would let up on some of your guys, it's really been annoying hasn't it?
Mrs. S. said…
MMMMMMM homemade bread... I feel like such a slacker!

My new blog is up, come check it out:
http://burgscrazyblog.blogspot.com/
Jenny said…
No ice here but we sure are thankful for hte rain! Your dinner sounds great. I'm making a Mexican casserole and snuggle in and watch TV.
Trailboss said…
I can surely relate to the ice. Had snow today but it has gone away. I can't wait for spring!
Ann(ie) said…
AMEN to pool parties and flip flops. gah. Come on already!!!
Pool parties and flip flops! Sounds fabulous but then I better get moving to get in shape a bit before shorts weather hits. Still, like you I'm sick sick of this weather. We've got snow predicted three of the next five days - will it ever end?