Monday Chit Chat


So this is what my week looks like.

1. It's Labor Day....so we have worked in the yard and done laundry all day.

2. I have our first MOPS meeting of the 2nd year Thursday...so since I'm a discussion group leader I will need to be calling my gals tomorrow.

3. I also handle Hospitality and need to finish with the door prizes.

4. Madison is trying out for choir at church.

5. We start family night at church this week. Finally a night off to eat with friends and its not too $$$.

6. Gymnastics and Cheerleading...along with a game Saturday.

7. My girlfriend J's birthday.....taking her to lunch and we go out for dinner with our hubbies Friday night....very excited.

8. Scott's parents leave for Las Vegas on Saturday afternoon.....Viva Las Vegas.

9. Going to a water park with my dear friend F and her son P who just turned one.(they just flew home from California so I'm excited we get one on one tomorrow)

10. Going shopping Wednesday for interior things for the home and have some returns.

11. Friday is grocery day.

12. Thursday afternoon going up around the lake to go to some shops with mom.

That's about it for the week in advanced. I hope you all are having a blessed holiday. We are staying close to home. Doing my menu planning and checking out some new blogs. Adding some new ones to my blog lines......Have a grand day friends!

Comments

Mimi said…
sounds like you have a nice week planned... have a great one...
say tell your dachshund "Lucky" hi from my dachshund "Hershey"...
You're so busy, but I know that's the way it is when you have kids involved in activities and stuff to do! Shopping for stuff for the house sounds fun, take some pics we can't wait to see the house! Hope your inlaws enjoy Vegas, I had fun with my girls.
Laura said…
Now that's what I call busy!
Family W said…
Sounds like another busy week. :)What are your thoughts about grocery day? Do you just hate it or is it not that bad? I personally despise it. It ranks right up there with scrubbing the toilets for me. I'm constantly trying to figure out how to make it a more pleasureable trip. Leaving out early and going kid-less has helped SOME. At least I come back with some sanity, but its still a huge chore that I dread.
Overwhelmed! said…
Hi Jen, you asked for travel tips for your little guy so here I am.

Snack ideas:

* Goldfish
* Fruit
* Animal cookies
* Cheese sticks
* Sippy cups of favorite drinks in a small cooler

Toy ideas:

* Favorite board books
* Favorite stuffed animals
* Favorite blankie/pillow
* New toys from the dollar store (you might wrap them up individually to give him as gifts when he gets bored)
* DVD player with favorite Disney movies (we don't have one of these but we're contemplating spending the $200-$300 to get the over the seat kind)

Fun ideas:

* Point out any semi trucks, fire trucks, police cars that you see along the way (Snuggle Bug loves trucks).

* Sing silly kids songs (Snuggle Bug LOVES singing songs in the car- Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABCs, etc)

Factor in frequent stops for stretching...get out at a rest stop and let Miller run around in the grass or take him in to a gas station to pick out a snack.

These are some things that work for us. I hope they work for you on your trip! I'm sure it will go just fine! :)
Anonymous said…
wow, I thought I kept myself busy!! You sure have a lot going on!!! Have a great week!!!
Glass Half Full said…
BUSY!! And you didn't really celebrate Labor Day, but who does???

Lori
Wow, really busy week ahead! Hope you guys have a great one, and that you had a wonderful Labor Day holiday, Jen :)