Dessert of the week.....Holy Cow Cake....this cake has several names...its really good though
Monday....Sausage and Taters Casserole...one of our favorites, not that healthy but very comforting.
Tuesday....Garlic Shrimp Tortellini Toss with this salad...(you can use bacon instead of prosciutto)
Wednesday......Lasagna Stuffed Shells with Texas Toast
Thursday.......Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwiches....I make taco meat weekly, mostly because Miller loves it...so when I have leftovers this is what we make!
Saturday.....Broccoli Chicken Roll with Ambrosia Salad for dessert....one of my favorite things ever!
Sunday......Brunch after church... Overnight Ham, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread.......Buffalo Chicken Soup...new recipe...my family loves buffalo chicken wings and even though Madison is completely sick of soup right now, I'm still gonna make it.
A lot of you have asked about Madison last week. She got thru having her Wisdom Teeth taken out. It has been a struggle. She is sick of Soups and Mashed Potatoes. Hopefully she can get some Chick Fi Le soon!! Thank you all for the prayers, phone calls, texts and cards. She is healing finally.
At the beginning of each New Year everyone always talks about getting into shape, eating better, finding a "New You". Yes, all this sounds wonderful. I even joined a bootcamp class this month to get it together. But in all reality....there is not really a "New You".....you are yourself. Just make it better. I have always said, take care of your body, you know yourself better than anyone.
If you like to exercise, then make a plan. It takes 21 days to form a habit. I remind myself of this daily.
Some ideas to jump start your January...
1. Meal plan! Get your list of meals started. This will save you stress and money if you have a plan!
2. Each week, make two goals....one for yourself and one for home. You can do this.
3. Read at least 15 minutes a day. Whether its a new book, a devotion, an article online. It helps with your brain.
4. January can be a long cold month...Cheer yourself up with a new oil or a new candle, buy a diffuser.
5. Find 10 things to sell, donate or throw away...de clutter a room a week.
6. Write a hand written letter to someone, or a card. Snail mail is the best mail.
7. Drink hot chocolate, grab your favorite quilt and watch a movie...or better yet, take a nap.
8. Schedule a pot luck or a Soup Swap with your friends.
9. Connect with friends, schedule lunch or dinner, or even coffee. Friends keep us going. And they are free therapy!
10. Go get a pedicure or a massage. We deserve this!!
I hope you have a wonderful week....