Being Still

Well, I'm back. I'm tired. And a little crazy. Lets talk. The week started crazy. We put my house for sale. We have had some lookers and alot of calls. No bids yet. Keeping my house clean is keeping me crazy. Notice I have said the word crazy 3 times. As I write this it is Sunday night. The baby has gone to sleep. And me and Madison are watching the Amazing Race. I'm having a difficult time keeping it together with the whole house cleaning and showing it all the time. Poor little Miller has no idea what is going on with odd people in our home everyday. I'm taking a bible study on Wednesday mornings and it is trying to teach me to be still. Listen to God. He is telling me something. Today's lesson in Sunday School was the same thing....our teacher said Be Still. How do you do this in a world that is wrapped around volunteering, Activities and Running a household. I pray to God everyday, I pray for family, friends, his will. I'm not sure why I'm being tested with my patience but I'am. I have several girlfriends who I call accountability partners. Women who walk with God and I know I could call at anytime to vent. One called Saturday night just to talk and I vented about everything. My answer is to be still. I know this but have a hard time doing it. My calender is booked. My time with my bible is zero lately. My faith is all around me. I talk to God everyday. But for some reason dont seem to hear what he is telling me. I stay home with my kids...devote my life to my family and God. But when things like selling my house pop up or I over book myself in life my patience run thin.

I did however have a massage on Saturday morning and it was wonderful. Please pray that I learn patience...and most of all to be still and listen to what he has to say.

Comments

mom of 2 said…
I hope things get better for you! Life can definitely get stressful...hang in there!
Selling a house is very stressful! Hope your week goes well Jen.

I'm still bummed that Rob & Amber got eliminated from Race, they were my pick/fave to win!
Kim said…
Hang in there Jennifer! Times like you are having can be so tough during the moment. With us being military, it seems like we go through the craziness that you are having every few years. Trust me, when it's all over, it makes the "stillness" much more precious.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Shawna said…
Hi, Jen. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. I hope things slow down for you a little so that you don't get too stressed. Have a great week!
Barb said…
Selling a house is stressful, Jen. Period. Not only do you have to be ready to show it, all the time, at a moment's notice but it's stressful waiting to hear back from people, too.

I know it's really hard to be "still" when life is swirling all around you. I think you have to strive for being still in moments, not all the time.

I hope your house sells soon so you can get past this part and maybe finally relax. Sounds like right now you could use a massage a day. :-)
Christina said…
I hope you get the house sold fast so you can at least relax a little bit. You are a very busy lady. Always remember, this too shall pass.
Jen,
I know how crazy it can get trying to keep a house looking clean when it is on the market and having children...it is a lot of work. Alot. I empathize with your situation. I went through it almost a year ago. I just about lost my mind. But know this: you will get through it, and have goodness waiting for you on the other side.