Rainy Days


The Weather outside...we got a little snow last Friday. Nothing to get excited about. It was nice to watch it come down. Something about snow and the word calm. We have alot of rain coming our way this week. We had sunshine over the weekend. This winter has been cold and rainy, so when the sun comes out we get out. I have been wearing my new rain jacket alot to say the least.

How I'm feeling this morning....I feel pretty good.

On my mind....Valentines Day is Friday. We are going to dinner. I got the kids gifts over the weekend. And made Valentine treats too. Madison and Seth are going out of town for Valentines Day so I will need to see them one day/night to get theirs to them. I'm going to dinner with girlfriends one night this week and celebrating Galentines Day with them. Should be fun. I'll post pictures next week.

On my reading pile....Same things. Still reading Reese Witherspoons...Whiskey in a Tea Cup and my daily devotion by Hoda. I have started to listen to a you tube program. A young lady is reading the bible to me. Yesterday I made it thru the rest of Genesis. So it took 2 mornings to read it to me. I comprehend better when read too. I'll keep you posted on how far I get each week.

On my T.V.......Alot. Survivor starts this week. That is the only show we all watch together. Scott and I have been watching it for 20 years. Some years have been blah...but we are loyal to Survivor!

On my menu this week...My menu plan this week


 This is a wonderful Fruit salad
1 can chunk pineapple (drained)
1can mandarin oranges (drained)
1 can peach pie filling
1 container frozen strawberries (thawed)

3 -4 bananas sliced
Add all together and Serve. So good in the winter time when you are having throat issues.


From the camera....Old photos always come up on my social media... my phone...this was taken about 8 years ago. Wow, how time flies. We were at a Tennessee Titans game. Miller was about 6 and Madison was about 14. I love their bond. Miller is in the tween era right now and very hard to communicate with. I had forgotten how hard that stage was. Although he is a good kid, just in his world right now. He is the age now that she was in the picture.

Looking around the house.....I have completely remodeled my family room. Still looking for a large print. But taking my time. Still working on Miller's cave. Laundry is caught up. Meals are prepped for the week.

Chore I'm not looking forward to do....It's always bathrooms.

To relax...this week...I'm taking a mental health day on Wednesday. I have a massage scheduled. Meeting with my trainer and therapist. Will squeeze some lunch in too. I try and schedule these once a month.

On my prayer list.....my family, my friends, the country and our president.

Devotional/Bible Verse.....
I was at the dermatologist this week, and they give out these cards to everyone daily. I love reading them.

This was on the wall in the room I was in. It is so true.


Have a great week! 
Hugs,
Jen

Comments