Making Plans



I haven't blogged in a long time. Just menu planned and shared it. Mostly for my friends. I'm a planner. I like to write it down, look at it, plan it, do it. So when I first heard about COVID-19 floating around the USA, I didn't think much about it. I did a little research on it, symptoms, cures, where it was. The last 3 weeks it has really just been everywhere I look. The news, social media, every single website I go too, on the doors of every business out there. I feel like its been a count down to dooms day. Last Friday my family went out to eat for the last time in a restaurant. (One last hurrah) On Monday I made a mad dash to a local grocery store to grab anything that was left. On Tuesday night my husband and I ran to the local liquor store and pharmacy to get whatever was needed for a 2 week quarantine. Schools have been canceled here until 4/20. Everything seems to be canceled around here. My son plays baseball. Our first games were supposed to be this past weekend. Canceled.
I made the decision to work from home last Wednesday. I packed my entire office up and set up shop in the kitchen in front of our big window. Miller has his school station in the dining room. Last week was a trial for us both. We are actually getting along. I don't have fear of our future. I just want to know whats going to happen. Bad or good. Remember I'm a planner. I just want to know if we can leave our homes to get groceries, medicine, gas, or just drive around for a different look at this world. Can I plan a vacation for this fall? Can I look forward to baseball season? Can I go see a friend and have coffee and hug her?
So this morning as everyone sleeps. I have my paper and pencil...ready to plan out next week. Our meals, work/school, outside time. I'm not sure what will happen in the next couple of days, weeks, but I do know God has a plan for us. I know he is holding us all in his hands right now. I think that is why I'm not scared. I just want to know the plan.

For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord", plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future...Jeremiah 29:11

Stay Healthy my friends,
Jen

Comments

Karen said…
Your post is reassuring to me, reminding me that while I have no idea what the future holds, there is someone who does! I'm doing good on the day to day, but find myself antsy when I think ahead to what next week will look like. So, I try to stay focused on today. I'm not a very good planner, but I've found that having a routine helps, so trying to stick to that each day! Be well, my friend!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.