Week 5 on Quarantine



The Weather outside is....very windy, we had rain and storms last night. The high today is 55. It's a cold looking morning.

How I'm feeling....pretty good. Ready for the week.

On my mind....wondering if we will be able to travel this year at all. By now I have several trips planned. It always gives me something to look forward too.

On the breakfast plate....avocado toast. It's my new favorite thing to eat now. Madison was at the grocery Saturday and picked me up some more. All I do is peel it and add some kosher salt and smash it up. I toast my bread (any bread is good) and add the mix. So good! Also I'm drinking coffee with almond milk. Later I will make some hot tea.

On my T.V....we finished Hatfield & McCoys last night on Discovery. We had seen it before. It has such good actors in it, we watched it again. I really love shows like this. True stories from the past.

On my menu this week....My menu Plan this week 

From the camera....

 Easter setting in the Dining room 

 I baked all day Saturday...

 Bought our Ham 

 Chocolate Pie..mamie would be so proud 

Got the kids Donuts in the shape of their names Saturday. Kind of a fun early Easter treat. A local Donut Shop does them and they have drive thru.

Looking around the house...The house is clean! Scott and I worked yesterday afternoon on it for hours. So glad!

Chore I'm not looking forward too....nothing really.

To relax this week....I'm going to give myself a pedicure this week. I'm also doing yoga twice and will walk everyday.

On my prayer list....everything. I find myself talking to God constantly. I feel like I pray all day to figure this new normal out. I'm not frustrated with it. I just need a plan. A plan on earth.

Devotional/ Bible verse.....I go back to this alot....

God Will...

Go Before you...Walk beside you...Stand behind you...
I'am with you always..Matthew 28:20

This week Miller gets back into week 4 of school work. I'll start a new routine for he and I. I moved his school room to the spare room. I'm still in the kitchen. If this goes on longer than I expect I may move myself to another room. Trying to get out 2-3 times a week and drive around. I walk with neighbors daily. Just trying to stay as normal as possible. Have a good week my friends! Stay healthy and safe.

Hugs,
Jen

Joining in with Sandra this week at A Diary of a Stay at home mom

Comments

I've been on lockdown since February because I was ill with Bronchitis so am truly feeling the cabin fever and we've already had to cancel 2 previously "time sensitive" scheduled trips so am not really planning anything new until we know more. I love that you're keeping a sense or normalcy, it really helps. We treated Easter the same also, after all it was about the day and what it represents and not what was going on in the world around us for that moment. I'm glad I made a traditional meal, albeit MUCH scaled down for just the 2 of us. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Jean said…
Those donuts look like a lot of fun! Hoping we all get to get out and go on our smaller and bigger trips very soon. Hope you have a wonderful week.
Luludou said…
The chocolate pie looks fantastic! I'm thinking not many trips will take place this year :(
I need to start making a schedule too - Have a great week
Jen said…
I absolutely love your plates. They are beautiful. I have my great-grandmother's dishes that I really need to start using more. Especially now that my kids are grown. That pie looks divine.
Sandra said…
We're on week 5 or 6 here, I am not even sure, I've lost track of the time completely. I am ok with change, however, I don't like feeling like I'm out of the loop or being kept in the dark. I also love being home but don't like being told I have to do it lol

It's a conundrum for sure. Like you I am praying all day long, constantly and just letting go. There is nothing we can do, we are doing our part and God is doing His, He has already won the battle and is waiting on the other side.

Hope you have a fantastic week :)