Fast Meal Ideas

Well, this week is Last Minute Meal Ideas......mine is pretty simple. For more Works for me Wednesdays....go see Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.

Dinner

Bacon, Cheese Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy. I timed it the last time I prepared...I was done in 32 minutes and we were eating at the table.

Dump Cake is an easy fast dessert......

  • 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
  • 1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
  • 2 sticks of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice - optional)

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.

Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.

Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.

Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.

Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.

Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.

Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump cake from oven or let your older helper do it.

For an Appetizer

Cream Cheese with Jalepeno Jelly

Pour Jelly on top of cream cheese serve with wheat thin crackers.

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
Breakfast at night is one of my favorite meals!!!!!!!!
Barb said…
You know, I've never made a dump cake but I've seen recipes for them forever. I wonder why on earth I've never tried one. This one sounds like something my family would love - I'm thinking Christmas Ever.

A block of softened cream cheese covered in jalapeno jelly is one of the easiest appetizers in the world, isn't it? It's great spread on crackers. Thanks for reminding me - that's on my list now, too.
Sandra said…
I love dump cake and they're so easy to make and so quick too :)
These are great Jen! We eat breakfast at our house often. And I do mean often, probably at least once a week :)

I've made a crockpot version of a dump cake with cherry pie filling, but never one in the oven. Maybe over the winter when I don't mind heating up the oven!

Thanks for sharing :)
I love breakfast for dinner! The dessert looks really good. Thanks for sharing!
Family W said…
That dump cake recipe is the exact same as the one I use. I'm actually making it for a Christmas dinner we're going to over the weekend. It's a good ways away so I thought I would make it since it would transport well..... much better than a cake on a cake pedastal would. :) There's also a blueberry pie filling with a lemon cake mix variation. I like that one in the summer. :)
As We Sail... said…
I've made dump cake before, very moist, and eeeeeasy.
I love that cherry dump cake! One of my favorite quick things to do.
Shawna said…
This cake sounds delicious, and I'm going to try it. Thanks.